wilko.com sale

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So far I have spent £65 on Thursday, and another £40 today in store and am well happy.

Once again thanks to the original poster :cheers:

Alan

Templar said:
The only sign in my local store was a hand-written chalkboard half hidden by the front door.
Ditto.

I don't brew kit beers, but for a fiver I'll throw one of their Newky Browns together.

I don't make kit wines, but for £18.50 (or around 60p a bottle) I will give one of their Premium Shiraz kits a try. That's a 6.8kg kit with no sugar required.

I don't use brewing sugar, but at a quid a kilo I cleared their shelves. That's a lie, they had 13 bags, I'm having enough bad luck at the moment so I only bought 12.

I also bought several ale and wine yeasts, some filter pads, and cleared them out of crown caps.

Thanks to everyone for the heads up :cheers:

Cheers for this :cheers:

Just bought 2 30 bottle wine kits and a lager for £24

Most of the stuff is gone though :(

Well chaps, Hats off to Original poster.
Managed to steer the fragrant lady wife in the direction of Wilkinsons and low and behold " Oh look love they are having a sale, i'll just pop over and have a look"
Look what fell into my basket

"You're like a kid in a candy shop"
Like a true gent I offered to pay for the birthday cards she was buying (which incidentally were 50% off)!!.

the spraymalt is back in the sale iv just put a order in for 3 of them ... :thumb:

regards mick... :hat:

Bootle Strand still has kits and a pressure barrell for anyone in the Liverpool area. Just got a golden ale and a 30 bottle Merlot.

Picked up my order yesterday :thumb:, swmbo dragged me away before I could buy any more :cry:. Will just have to make the most of what I got

Bonesy said:
Hi Moley, did they have much left in kiddy? Might pop in again later....
Plenty of their own 1-can beer kits, a few 2-can, plenty of 6 bottle but very few 30 bottle wine kits, plenty of yeasts, finings and other sundries, quite a few FVs, good price on Vinbrite wine filters and twin lever corkers, but like I said before, I cleaned them out of brewing sugar and crown caps.

Finally got some spray malt...... :D :D

Thanks' to the original poster and you other guys that are letting others know when things are back in stock..... :clap: :clap:

BB

i stocked up over the weekend and put an order in online this morning :thumb: popped into the gloucester store just after 8 this morning and there was about 6 bitter kits left and not much else :shock: :lol:

And one thing I've noticed, Wiko carrier bags are rubbish, they last about 5 minutes when loaded with a homebrew kit, or 6!! Be sure to demand double bagging :D

MadrikXIV said:
And one thing I've noticed, Wiko carrier bags are rubbish, they last about 5 minutes when loaded with a homebrew kit, or 6!! Be sure to demand double bagging :D

Or take a big rucksack, it's loads lighter when the weights on your back.

The checkout lady in Wilko Bletchley said the 50% off sale runs until fathers day, and that they are still getting stock deliveries throughout the week :thumb:

boozy_shoes said:
MadrikXIV said:

Or take a big rucksack, it's loads lighter when the weights on your back.
With some of the hauls you lads have had wheel barrow or a transit van..... Carrier bags???? NAR :-(

BB

My Wilkco's in Stourbridge is rubbish as it's only got a tiny selection :cry:

Anyway still managed to pick up two 6 bottle wine kits as fruit based drinks for the wife... and a coopers stout for me :whistle: Plus 2 small tubs of steriliser.

Even though i'm now fully AG, I'll always make room for a coopers stout kit. Just need 1kg of dark spray malt and away I go..

Latest posts

Back