wilko.com sale

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
liamg1285 said:
got me a forest fruit cider to try and managed to get 2 bags of brewing sugar for free :lol:

Sounds like youve been stealing :) only joking

Its great to see so many people jumping onto wilko.com or going into store to buy!!

Not many people are aware of the home brewing range from wilko as it is fairly new but the range is always growing and sales like this help to let us home brewers try new kits.

I actually work for wilko.com which is why I posted this to see how many people this may attract and I can certainly say this has been a success.
We have pretty much sold out of everything!!

Ps. Dont come to me with any issues, its not my fault, honest :)

I'll check my store when I go and fetch my online orders :party:
Judging by the website I bet the home brew section looks like a plague of locusts has blasted through it :shock:

hi brewers

popped into wilkos today without seeing this thread to buy a kit and some bottle caps and saw everything was half price I ended up after two runs to the car spending £100 swimbo just walked in from work wish me luck :cheers:

robbie1710 said:
Ps. Dont come to me with any issues, its not my fault, honest :)

My only issue is that the website sold out too damn fast! I was hoping to pick up another barrel, but I'd have to get it delivered as I'm too far from my nearest Wilko to walk, and I get around by Motorbike. As much as I'm certain I can bungee a barrel to the back of my Honda, I doubt the fuzz would take kindly to it! There are still barrels available online (or were last I checked) but they are about the only thing: it isn't as much of a deal if you're paying the postage on one item.

So...

I'm on my way back tomorrow to stock up on anything I can get on the bike and my brewing mate is free on Sunday he'll be stopping by with his car to see what else he can get! I suspect you've just become very very unpopular with every LHBS out there in brewing land!

Also, as much as I'd like to blame you for the lack of online stock, I suspect it's the locusts on here that are at fault!

A tad late here but just wanted to say a quick thanks to the Original Poster.

Just starting out this past week, and expanded my equipment with what was available... even got the missus into having a bash at wine making with a wine kit. All at half price, smiles all round.

i went to pick up my online orders this afternoon. Plenty left on the shelves, so thought it'd be rude not to buy another £40-worth of kit. :) Was umming and ahhhing about the pressure barrels as the tops for co2 cells were also available, but not quite sure how good they were.

Went to pick up my order. picked up the biggest box I've ever recieved full of equipment and kits. Couldnt resist went bought a few more things a coopers bitter a rose wine. Was tempted to get a pressure barrell too. Had to stop myself because got my eye on a half size barrell in my lhbs that will suit me better.

Thsnks again for posting this.

Hell Fire! Just cracked open the first bottle of my Wilko Golden Ale and what a corker, need to high tail it up there in the morning to get some more before they sell out!

:cheers:
Cheltenham still have some stock as of 4pm today...but not much.

There were two Wherrys left after I picked up two kits, and a Winter Warmer, and a Hoppy Copper bitter...and a Strawberry wine, and an Elderberry.....and 4 brewing sugars, and 2 BKE's...and some yeast....and some stabiliser......for 48 QUID... :shock: :grin:

Thats me sorted for kits for a couple of months...maybe :thumb:

Monte Cristo said:
Hell Fire! Just cracked open the first bottle of my Wilko Golden Ale and what a corker, need to high tail it up there in the morning to get some more before they sell out!

good to hear it old boy. grabbed one when picking up my online order today. just slightly miffed i didnt grab more :)

Looks like the online site is out of stock of nearly everything. :shock:

:cheers:

Alan

I bought two of those pressure kegs with the intention of trying lagering but a guy at work has just told me that these are rubbish for the job I bought them from due to the pressure it produces so back to the shop they will go not was like a fight in the store when I bought them, there was none on the shelf and got a colleague to find some for me and there was a guy stood by the shelf talking to his friend about how he needed one of these kegs

are the pressure barrells worth it guys? to barrell something like a golden ale or a wherry that i wouldnt want too carbonated.

anything else id need to purchase with the barrell?

Bonesy said:
Go and get it, only cost £7!

I'm very tempted, but over the last 2 months I've chucked about £2.5k into my new business so not too sure I can justify it! Would love to try it though, especially 7 months after bottling my raspberry and lime On The Rocks cider kit I'm tempted to chuck it down the drain as it tastes like **** still! And the fact I want to stock up my cider levels.

Going back to my local store to see if there is anything left. Already purchased a muntons premium 30 bottle Chardonnay, 24 wine bottles, 2 coopers lager, corks and 2 beer enhancer. I only need a couple of airlocks but I bet I will come back with more if there's stock left.

Wembley Wilko still packed to the gills. In my excitement I accidentally threw 2 Geordie Milds in my basket. I don't even like the stuff, but my mate does. Still, hardly the end of the world, is it - I got an apple cider, 2 x milds, 1 x Cerveza, a Winter Warmer, a Golden Ale, A Wherry (I've heard good things) 4 x brewing sugar, 1 x beerkit enhancer, a Medium DME, Light DME 5 x caps, some sanitizer and a bottle brush.

Total cost: £60.80!

2013-06-08093710_zps97181e94.jpg

My local store is full price with no signage to promote any sale. Website is locusted so no joy for me - would the store honour the web prices if I asked them nicely?

Latest posts

Back