Whats everyone drinking?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
think we better keep our ideas to ourselves or the brewing police will be back :rofl:

Just finished up making a batch of Piccalilli Mmmmmm, settling down with a pint or two ;) of Sunshine

sake, in a whisky glass, from a thermos flask, having been nuked in a plastic jug

feel quite drunk from the combined heatheness of all that broken etiquette!

oh my head! :sick:

was the work xmas party last night and i drunk pretty much everything, including my mad drink i call Loopy Juice, which is 4 vodkas, WKD Blue and Red Bull in a pint glass... comes out green and is actually too easy to drink... a pint worth 10.5 units will go down in about 10 mins

then the boss took us all to a strip club and i had pretty much everything there too :lol: my wallet is about as sore as my head :drunk:

some cracking memories though!

now i'm gunna go crawl into a hole somewhere and die

BrewStew said:
oh my head! :sick:

was the work xmas party last night and i drunk pretty much everything, including my mad drink i call Loopy Juice, which is 4 vodkas, WKD Blue and Red Bull in a pint glass... comes out green and is actually too easy to drink... a pint worth 10.5 units will go down in about 10 mins

then the boss took us all to a strip club and i had pretty much everything there too :lol: my wallet is about as sore as my head :drunk:

some cracking memories though!

now i'm gunna go crawl into a hole somewhere and die

They were out of lemonade then :lol:
Strip club :clap: you have a good boss, sounds like a right party :thumb:

I made up for having NO beer yesterday by having LOTS today - all good too :thumb:

Schneiner Weisse
Carvers Christmas Ale (a few)
SWB
North American Craft Beer - Blue Moon (Heffe) - nice, different - not too spicy - subtle orange flavours (delivered courtesy of Smod)

Then...

Caol Ila whisky

In the middle - steak and ale (Batemans XXXB) casserole & leek mash :party:

All of the above made better by being able to share it with Mr & Mrs Vossy1 - thanks for a a great day you two :thumb: :D

Tea - Milk no sugar :lol: It was my brewing group "do" last night and I'm quite possibly still drunk, it's a good job I booked today off work.

As soon as I get a chance i'll be starting off with a bottle of beer from Aleman - his ordinary bitter :thumb:

I picked up 2x 12 mixed botte cases of St Peters today - their normal mixed case and their Dark Beers case so I have 3 each of these to have over Christmas as well as all that Sunshine and Carvers :D

Mild
Old Style Porter
Winter Ale
Cream Stout

Best Bitter
Organic Ale
Ruby Red
Golden Ale

Have a great Christmas everyone :drunk:

I can barely wait Wez . . . In the meantime I kicked off with Kegged It Brewery JB Christmas Stout

Damfoose_01.jpg

Which is a rather nice winter warmer provided courtesy of Damfoose when he came over for our joint brewing session back at the beginning of November.

The bottle opened with a lovely hissss, and the beer poured well with a nice head . . . which faded to give a nice ring of foam around the glass.

Aroma is of malt with more than a hint of licorice, rather pleasant in fact.

Tastewise it is a complex beer, sweet certainly, with roast notes, certainly malt is present, and there are very few bum notes (A Possible yeasty undertone) . . . . A bit of a surprise really when you consider that this is a 'kit' beer . . . Ok so it's two stout kits made up to 5 gallons . . . but is very acceptable . . . And a very nice alcohol note

Good One Neil! =D> =D> =D>

chateau hippo blackberry and orange rose after a bottle of jacobs creek fizzy rose. we're getting on to the harder stuff late like port trifle!

Carvers Christmas Ale 6.2% and I'm on a seesion - I fell out of bed last time I had a few of these - I'll put a Lilo my side t'night :thumb:

two bottles of pinot noir down and the chateau hippo blackberry wine made an appearance as it was available in half bottle quantities. went down very well. undoubtedly my success of the year. roll on a sunny bumper crop next year

Had a couple of glasses of Chianti Classico while making a Bolognaise sauce earlier - going to try a couple of the St Peters later - the Old Style Porter and the Ruby Red Ale I think :drink:

I'm completely out of beer as my Styrian Slapper is a monster of a beer. Monster being ugly and horrible. I'm going to give it another month and if it hasn't come good by then it's being binned.
So i thought i'd have a quick 'sample' of my 1880 Simonds Bitter that i recently brewed. 5 days in the bottle and it's liovely, so lovely that i've drank the lot in one day. Glad i have a cornie full. :cool:

On to the red wine now...

St Peter's Cream Stout again, Mmmm i'm getting fond of this :drink:

Out for a meal with my family as it was my mum's birthday.

Had 1 pt Pedigree

Don't know whether I fancy another beer now as I'm stuffed from the food!!! :|

Maybe a nice cup of tea and save the alcohol until tomorrow :thumb: :drink: :drunk:

I'm gonna enjoy a pint or two tonight, tomorrow will be a nice bottle of wine and then a drop of Caol Ila or two :thumb:

Bit late now but I was drinking Sandstone Edge (from Sandstone Brewery) and my version of Vossy's Oatmeal Stout. It's stunning.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back