What are you drinking tonight?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Tapped a mini keg of my American amber tonight. I don't think I've posted a picture of it before so here it is. The hop flavour is still very robust so I'm going to try and let the last MK sit for longer and see if it clears some more.

IMG_2392.jpg

Think I'll crack open one of my Raspberry Wheats. Been in the bottles 4 weeks now so my self restraint has expired.

Please post a picture, I want to see it! Thinking I'm going to use raspberries on a wheat soon

just enjoying a Ghost Buster after gardening and cleaning my sons car, well earnt I would say. what a glorious sunny day and its still feb

Please post a picture, I want to see it! Thinking I'm going to use raspberries on a wheat soon

Ah, pants, sorry! Spotted this a little late. Will grab a photo of the next one though.

It tastes really strongly of raspberry, but to me not much like a wheat beer. More like alcoholic Raspberry juice. It feels a little thin in the mouth too. I'm wondering if leaving it a while might improve it. I noticed the American wheat beer in the book has a little crystal, but there isn't any in the raspberry version.

Well, I'm just about coming round after my first trip to the York Homebrew club last night...

4.5hrs of beer tasting. The standard of beers was very high and I think I tried in the region of 30 beers. A good majority of those were high abv IPAs too. There was a stout that was 26%abv. As if that wasn't enough, someone cracked out fennel vodka and bramble wine.

I might need a night off tonight.

Ursa Major - My Imperial Russian Stout. At three months old it's tasting good. Complex, but a little fruityer than I wanted. Nice mild roastiness with a dark chocolate finish.

IMG_-8vh9a0.jpg

Imperial Porter 9.2% for me! From Strands Microbrewery in Nether Wasdale, Lake District. If anyone has a chance, go! They have their own pub from which all the Ale is served from the microbrewery just outside! Particularly recommend the Bamberg IPA - stunning beer with the best ever finish I've experienced from any beer.

IMG_0506.jpg

Next up is a Chocolate Porter, 6.5% from Meantime Brewery - Greenwich. Nice chocolate aroma on this one!

IMG_0508.jpg

At work so not drinking my own. Had four pints of Ulverston brewery laughing gravy. Two flying elephants and s fra diaviolo. Possibly the best beers ever made by any brewery ever.

just finished the cornie off of coopers Canadian blushing blonde,kegged mid November 2016 and with age turned out pretty nice if a little different to my pallete.certainly do it again though

Just supped a bottle of my 1st ever bottled brew........from a Wilko starter kit......brewed at the start of January.

Decent head, smelled nice. Carbonated. Clear as a bell. Tasted really nice, with a toffee-ish aftertaste.

Genuinely delighted. I had 14 pints from the keg - enjoyed it. The bottle is 100% better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back