What are you drinking tonight 2023.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
This to finish.
A bretted imperial Baltic porter barel aged in northern Irish whiskey barrels. 12.3% 750ml sharing bottle. Shared with myself. Was looking forward to this beer and it hasn’t disappointed. Amazing how the Brett leaves the beer tasting dry with such a high abv.
8D4D870D-3B8B-474D-9ACF-6642C960BDAF.jpeg
66304EB2-594F-42F3-BEAC-E428274B7F15.jpeg

An oatmeal stout with a head, that's impressive. Mine are always as flat as an (oatmeal) pancake.
I've had that prob. This is the first I've tried of this batch, and I did increase the priming, but only marginally, I'm not fully convinced that's the explanation. I also have this vague theory that heads were a bit better when I was using half naked golden oats and half porridge oats, but I ran out of that some time back. But no real Science on that.

To accompany my Friday sausage & chips, this 750ml fliptop bottle of Belgian Triple, on offer @ £2.99 in Aldi. Quite light and refreshing considering it's 6%. I'll see if I can pick up another bottle or two wink....
View attachment 81473
I bought one of those a while ago, mostly for the bottle, tbh! 😀but I didn't care for it at all. I guess that class of beer is just not my thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back