What are you drinking tonight 2023.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
APA from @Benfleet Brewery .

Opened the bottle to a lovely fresh hop aroma. Poured nicely, with a lovely creamy head.
Light, biscuity malty flavour. Strong, fresh citrussy aroma. Smooth mouthfeel, gentle aftertaste and a great balance between malt and bitterness/hops.

An excellent brew, thank you!

View attachment 90588

Ooh, that was the one I made with Hornindal yeast wasn’t it. Looks a bit oxidised from the photo, unless that’s the light. Hope you enjoyed it 🍻

Ive got dressed and had fancy tapas. Now we’re in a cocktail bar. I went with a Manhatten which is excellent. But the Negroni‘s are really good too.

IMG_2409.jpeg

My first ever attempt at an APA.

First time using Kveik, first time attempting water chemistry.

Not bad, not great, my hopes are high for the second batch (which is probably ready now but I'm still stuck in the 2,2,2 mindset) since that was temperature controlled all the way through ferment and smelled amazing during bottling.

Attachments

• IMG_20231006_143830_841.jpg
    IMG_20231006_143830_841.jpg
    24 KB
I am a bit of a stick in the mud when it comes to my selection of beers i tend to buy Old Peculier, SN 1698, TT landlord etc but tonight i am for the first time giving this a go SWMBO remembered i used to drink Brewdog beers when i first switched from Lager but i haven't tried this one.

1696612637132.png

IMG_20231006_174033.jpg

same beer from different casks/glass shapes comparison continued.
So at the suggestion of @Clint #5381 the other evening, I have swapped glasses from the previous comparison of the two casks/same beer when they tasted ever-so-slightly different.
I detect no difference between them this evening.
We are going out shortly, so I'll swap back again later and repeat the first comparison.

The level of manscaping in play there is causing me the most concern. Not a spiders leg in sight.
The love handles are also preventing full pull up of the spedos.
Is there any German in your genes ?
My ongoing participation in this forum mean the love handles are there to stay, sorry 😔

No photos, but the scorecard today stands at 3 beers and a Bloody Mary on the golf course, 2 Aperol Spritz and a beer at the hotel. And now we’re heading out on the lash.

View attachment 90615
same beer from different casks/glass shapes comparison continued.
So at the suggestion of @Clint #5381 the other evening, I have swapped glasses from the previous comparison of the two casks/same beer when they tasted ever-so-slightly different.
I detect no difference between them this evening.
We are going out shortly, so I'll swap back again later and repeat the first comparison.
Might need 3 or 4 attempts before it is decisive. wink...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back