What are you drinking tonight 2023.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
PXL_20231001_182742993.jpg

After a very boozy wedding yesterday drinking (lots) of glasshouse bringing seshy back - very nice too ... a few days with these are needed. Normally can't stand Corona but the AF version works for me....

Were you happy with the outcome?
Eventually yes. My initial side by side comparison (fermipan v. Nottingham) put Nottingham well in the lead - fermented faster and let the hop shine through. Fermipan carbonated faster but masked the hops a bit. But after a few weeks it's developed a kind of Saison flavour and the hop is more present but not dominating. The Missus is not a fan of citra (cat pee to her) but likes this.

Tonight!
Same 'My Exmoor bitter' beer brew, two different casks.
IMG_20231003_192950.jpg

The same, but can't really put my finger on it but the one on the rt. was transferred with much more yeast/trub and seems a tad smoother now that it's dropped clear for this, it's first tasting.
Comparisons are always such fun, as you are obliged to drink more beer! 🍻

I'm out fishing tonight...well at the moment its camping with some very expensive fishing tackle...a few cans of Punk to steady the nerves as there's lots of hooty owls about.
Little owls go, 'twit', Tawny owls go, 'twoo'.
Fish get away from you.
Hopefully not tonight though 🎣.
Embrace the expensive tackle camping.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back