What are you drinking tonight 2023.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
We’ll. this years gimp mask from Otterbank brewing and blending. A Pinot noir barrel aged imperial Brett stout. The Pinot noir shines through on this with the typical Brett funk and dryness on the finish. Only 9.9%
Very little carbonation on this one but that brings out the tartness of the wine barrels.
Damm good “different” beer from the master brewer and man on the label Declan Nixon.
FA857942-4838-4515-B3C2-45B17530EB57.jpeg
5DC7A4AA-4495-429A-BAC3-A1109A2CE692.jpeg
59030594-435C-4FA4-99EA-0587373C7AAC.jpeg

Trying this one from a local brewery, 6.6% dipa with citra and galaxy and something else I can't remember. Nice aroma and initially nice hopy taste but it's got a bit of a hot alcohol taste to it which gets a bit overpowering. A pity because the stout I had from them recently was lovely.

The Eagle eyed might notice my clock has gone, finally gone to the clock man to get fixed!

20230120_222951.jpg

Hi all,
STILL trying to catch up with the OOD Beer52 deliveries, so here are this evening's,
all in one.......
IMG_20230120_183235.jpg
IMG_20230120_191728.jpg
IMG_20230120_201528.jpg
IMG_20230120_210600.jpg

All June and July 2022 and all beautiful and hoppy and enjoyable.

Except for the Stout which is April '22 and is all coffee and chocolate and was really appreciated on this rather chilly evening.
Good Night all.
And mind how you go.
(who remembers Dixon of Dock Green?)

Yes, of course. This link will take you there…

https://www.thehomebrewforum.co.uk/media/rye-ipa.965/full
You don’t need to use Golden Promise, any pale ale malt will be fine. I only used Golden Promise because I had a lot available. The Crystal 225 is mostly for colour adjustment. The timings for the mash were mostly because I was multi-tasking, you could probably half the time for each stage if you wish.

PS ignore the maths error on the Ca ppm! 😖
Malted or flaked Rye?

We are in the house of trembling madness and we've managed to grab a couple of Verdant Putty's on draft. It's really good! Like biting into a juicy, dank peach!

The other two floors are crammed full of people but we've managed to find some secret rooms in the basement that nobody seems to know about! We had to put the lights on ourselves! 🤣

20230121_144907.jpg
20230121_144456.jpg
20230121_142910.jpg
20230121_142906.jpg

@Hazelwood Brewery 10.8% Nitro Imperial
Oh... my... gawd... this is heaven in a glass.
This is really the last one of the swaps from Mr H in his role as one of my incredibly generous Secret Santas, but confession time I've been putting off opening it because I've been a bit scared of it. But in reality I'm glad I delayed because this is a fabulous beer that really deserves special attention.

Other Impy's I've had at this ABV have been a bit like swigging lighter fuel (I imagine), with everything a bit over-dominated by the burn. But this is Sooooooooo smooth - it's chocolatey, creamy, goodness with every sip.

The only downside is that (a) I've only got the one; and (b) I'm only a third the way down the glass, and I'm already losing control of my meagre faculties... (c) thank Gawd I've only got the one...

How can I describe this. You can tell it's strong, but it's strong in the same way as a very well matured big bodied red wine. The first thing that gets you is the mouth-feel... it's just immense: like black satin in a fast mood. Then you get a premonition of the strength; that "Ooops we're in trouble here chaps" feeling, where it doesn't so much slap you in the face as give you an enormous cuddle and then pick your pocket while you're wondering what happened. Flavourwise, it's got just the right amount of roast malt to freshen up your tongue without feeling like someone swilled out an ashtray with your pint.

Mmmmm - I quite like this. Can you tell? Whether I'm going to be in any shape to cook tonight's dinner is another question.

Screenshot 2023-01-21 at 15.42.42.png

@Hazelwood Brewery 10.8% Nitro Imperial
Oh... my... gawd... this is heaven in a glass.
This is really the last one of the swaps from Mr H in his role as one of my incredibly generous Secret Santas, but confession time I've been putting off opening it because I've been a bit scared of it. But in reality I'm glad I delayed because this is a fabulous beer that really deserves special attention.

Other Impy's I've had at this ABV have been a bit like swigging lighter fuel (I imagine), with everything a bit over-dominated by the burn. But this is Sooooooooo smooth - it's chocolatey, creamy, goodness with every sip.

The only downside is that (a) I've only got the one; and (b) I'm only a third the way down the glass, and I'm already losing control of my meagre faculties... (c) thank Gawd I've only got the one...

How can I describe this. You can tell it's strong, but it's strong in the same way as a very well matured big bodied red wine. The first thing that gets you is the mouth-feel... it's just immense: like black satin in a fast mood. Then you get a premonition of the strength; that "Ooops we're in trouble here chaps" feeling, where it doesn't so much slap you in the face as give you an enormous cuddle and then pick your pocket while you're wondering what happened. Flavourwise, it's got just the right amount of roast malt to freshen up your tongue without feeling like someone swilled out an ashtray with your pint.

Mmmmm - I quite like this. Can you tell? Whether I'm going to be in any shape to cook tonight's dinner is another question.

View attachment 80978
Thank you for the lovely feedback TETB. That comment about picking your pocket made me laugh out loud. I’ve no idea what it means but it’s brilliant! 😂😂😂

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back