What are you drinking tonight 2022?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
And I wanted to try the imperial stout, got my scores back and this one didn't score well 27... Feedback was one dimensional malt and some phenolic off flavours. Recommended to add some different malts, it has 6. It's still young, but I think the bitter gold hops might be too spicy and harsh for bittering.

View attachment 78173
Do YOU like it?

I feel your pain! I'm out of the frying pan into the fire....extension,kitchen,hall..floor,log burner and painting all done....the living room is next on the list!
I'm off for 12..so it's a couple of days doing some tidying up,weekend we're off to York for the Christmas ding-dong...then painting it shall be...
Happy wife,happy life.
Bad back..
At least you’re well into your chores, your finishing line is in sight hopefully.

I have had thus before and don't remember it being this bad. Can't put my finger on the flavour, some sort of chemical taste

Attachments

• 20221123_201008.jpg
    20221123_201008.jpg
    32.5 KB · Views: 0
By far the worst I've ever had was a tin of something from Boss Brewing...two swigs in it was on the way back up!

I had something from them once, which I thought was equally vile!

I'm drinking Aldi Yorkshire Bitter. And a very nice pint it is too, I must say. Would buy again (although Aldi is on on the other side of town!). 🙂

I had something from them once, which I thought was equally vile!
The only Boss beer I liked was the original, Boss black brewed by the original brewer who used his homebrew recipe and started the company. Whilst it's almost all cycle paths to get to boss.....

1669279836792.png

... given I have to cycle past Beerriff (X marks the spot) to get to boss brewing tap room there's not much chance of a visit anytime soon, unless perhaps i'm returning from a long cycle back Pontardawe/Neath way.

I have had thus before and don't remember it being this bad. Can't put my finger on the flavour, some sort of chemical taste
I think they're on to version 2 of both North and South now so it could be that this is version 2 and the one you had previously (last year, perhaps?) was version 1. I only noticed because I'm sure South used to be a sour of some sort but isn't now

Yes it used to be a sour. I am not sure about the North version though

I think they're on to version 2 of both North and South now so it could be that this is version 2 and the one you had previously (last year, perhaps?) was version 1. I only noticed because I'm sure South used to be a sour of some sort but isn't now

They used to have that bar on High Street. I remember having hoppy pale and the black ipa off keg and both were very nice.

The only Boss beer I liked was the original, Boss black brewed by the original brewer who used his homebrew recipe and started the company. Whilst it's almost all cycle paths to get to boss.....

... given I have to cycle past Beerriff (X marks the spot) to get to boss brewing tap room there's not much chance of a visit anytime soon, unless perhaps i'm returning from a long cycle back Pontardawe/Neath way.

Don't like to criticise a small brewery but not a fan either, tasted like the beer was infected or maybe Brett got loose, or maybe I just don't like the taste of their house strain.

Don't like to criticise a small brewery but not a fan either, tasted like the beer was infected or maybe Brett got loose, or maybe I just don't like the taste of their house strain.
They used to have that bar on High Street. I remember having hoppy pale and the black ipa off keg and both were very nice.

The bar copper has been sold to an ex armed forces person and I can't recall there being boss there although there are more brecon beers there which is welcome.

Yes,Boss sold it to that guy. Is it still there? He seemed a bit of a knob.

The bar copper has been sold to an ex armed forces person and I can't recall there being boss there although there are more brecon beers there which is welcome.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back