What are you drinking tonight 2022?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Now for a full glass. Belgian pale ale.
Snap
IMG_20221021_203402.jpg

Work tomorrow morning so I'm behaving myself. A bit of Bond in the background.

Best have a rum to congratulate myself for being good!
PXL_20221021_194018530.jpg

El Dorado 12 anos. It's very sweet which means they've added sugar to make taste better. Good thing it worked!

Work tomorrow morning so I'm behaving myself. A bit of Bond in the background.

Best have a rum to congratulate myself for being good! View attachment 76639
El Dorado 12 anos. It's very sweet which means they've added sugar to make taste better. Good thing it worked!
Do like a bit of El Dorado . One of my mates is from Guyana so he brings me bottles back if he visits family.

Amber kicked ..so Black IPA it is..
This beer had achieved my worst score in recent comp...lots of people had tasted before with positive comments. Took to homebrew club last night all good. Apparently it tasted like a wild infection on the bottle tasted. It was bottled off the keg 3 day before the comp so unlikely a wild infection would have changed it that quickly...who knows..keg isn't getting dumped though 🤷🏽

IMG_20221021_220720.jpg

This beer had achieved my worst score in recent comp...lots of people had tasted before with positive comments. Took to homebrew club last night all good. Apparently it tasted like a wild infection on the bottle tasted. It was bottled off the keg 3 day before the comp so unlikely a wild infection would have changed it that quickly...who knows..keg isn't getting dumped though 🤷🏽

View attachment 76648
How did the American amber score

View attachment 76648
Some people really don't like the combo of hops and roast malt.

Not sure if I have mentioned this before but base malt plus some Vienna while keeping the SRM low the body suffers. Next one I am scrapping the Vienna adding light Munich and Simpsons light crystal. Just goes to show the swings and roundabouts of home brewing, aim for one thing and miss out on another. That's what makes it so interesting.

012.JPG

013.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back