What are you drinking tonight 2022?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
As I’m brewing my Malt Miller British IPA for the Meantime Comp thought I’d try the beer you get with it. At first I wasn’t too sure but think it was too cold, once it had warmed up a bit it’s a lovely beer, nice malt flavour lingering well after you’ve had it and not too bitter.

CEFB82DB-F38E-4A73-9906-8264709F6BC0.jpeg

Amber kicked ..so Black IPA it is..
This beer had achieved my worst score in recent comp...lots of people had tasted before with positive comments. Took to homebrew club last night all good. Apparently it tasted like a wild infection on the bottle tasted. It was bottled off the keg 3 day before the comp so unlikely a wild infection would have changed it that quickly...who knows..keg isn't getting dumped though 🤷🏽

View attachment 76648
How strange. All the more strange because one of the comments in my feedback questioned whether I had used brett in my American pale.

I wonder if the beers were stored somewhere warm resulting in a little refermentation in the bottle?

Perfect session ale, goes well with a bag of cheese & onion.
View attachment 76692
I didn’t mind the 10 Watt Moon but made the mistake of drinking it and 20 Watt Moon in the same sitting (it was a set with 10, 20 and 30 Watt Moon beers) and it made the 10 Watt seem just a tad too thin, still a nice beer though and if I wasn’t directly comparing it to the ‘bigger’ beers in the series I doubt I would be so critical. But seriously if you can get it try the 20 Watt one it’s great.

Time for a beer and I’m having an imperial stout. Actually I’m having two imperial stouts; one carbonated in the bottle and the other nitrogenated in the keg. Both beers are 10 days out of the barrel.

CC2F2FC3-9C6C-4AFB-9407-FA7A6415C512.jpeg

The only obvious visual difference is the bigger head on the nitrogenated beer (mostly due to CO2 at this stage). Aroma is the same. The flavour is also very similar. Not much difference at this point.

I didn’t mind the 10 Watt Moon but made the mistake of drinking it and 20 Watt Moon in the same sitting (it was a set with 10, 20 and 30 Watt Moon beers) and it made the 10 Watt seem just a tad too thin, still a nice beer though and if I wasn’t directly comparing it to the ‘bigger’ beers in the series I doubt I would be so critical. But seriously if you can get it try the 20 Watt one it’s great.
I’ve had the 20 and 40, don’t think I’ve seen a 30 Watt.

Time for a beer and I’m having an imperial stout. Actually I’m having two imperial stouts; one carbonated in the bottle and the other nitrogenated in the keg. Both beers are 10 days out of the barrel.

View attachment 76694

The only obvious visual difference is the bigger head on the nitrogenated beer (mostly due to CO2 at this stage). Aroma is the same. The flavour is also very similar. Not much difference at this point.
I think the stouts are blacker than your stove top, they should be called vantablack.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back