What are you drinking tonight 2022?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I want to stay here all day but we can’t as we have lunch booked somewhere else. Time for one more though, so Jim has a pint of E, and I have a juice forsyth. The stout tastes just like a chocolate digestive, and my one is just pure
mango, both sooo good!

View attachment 66269
Been a while since I had an “E” used to really enjoy them 😎

Spending the voucher that the youngest got for me for mothers day. We are at Love Cheese on Gillygate in York and are having the cheese and wine charcuterie platter. Very nice indeed.

B169AB0B-9241-4A9C-86DC-B84DA2A9CAF9.jpeg
A4D0CBE8-3B48-4D51-A4FE-7758B71074C7.jpeg
E706CD85-C4E2-4165-9A6E-D0A003C0A84E.jpeg
A018CA35-1A3A-46E3-B268-406E34BA10EE.jpeg

2615BC76-49F7-48B5-8E9E-E86346BE75E2.jpeg
79B0985D-2D17-4930-8643-54EE93A01B64.jpeg
9C664387-0C4A-4A6D-8610-43C342CD9274.jpeg

Last edited:
Suns out for a while and it’s nice in a spot in the garden where the breeze can’t get you
Opened a Greg Hughes northern brown ale that’s been in the bottle 4 weeks and it’s very nice clear as a bell. Fuggles are a hop I struggle with as I get really earthy taste from them but they match the maltyness of this.
EA6FEB48-9689-4FB7-AC7C-3B33A25994BD.jpeg

Traditional end to a day in the garden. Helles for Mrs70 and an early sample of my Märzen for me. It tastes amazing; bready malts in abundance, subtle noble hop character, rich creamy mouthfeel, great head that’s lacing the glass and a super clean fermentation. It just needs to clear up a lot, 5 odd weeks to go before LAB entry, and more importantly, April’s HBF comp😀

60F4FC0D-D141-4723-8FAF-A75F84AD9917.jpeg

Last one now. We’re at The Hop. I’m a little cross as it’s our last one but the husbands looks a bit oxidised. He has the IKAT DDH ipa and I have citra NEIPA junior. Both from Salt. He isn’t bothered but I want to send it back. Uff lol.

View attachment 66298View attachment 66299View attachment 66300
Tess
Me and the family are off to York for my 70th birthday next weekend. We lived there for a year in 2003/4 in St Andrews close, and we loved it. We’ve got the restaurants booked for Friday and Saturday but not the best places to drink. My locals back then were
The Maltings
The Black Swan
The Blue Bell
The Last Drop
can you suggest some other haunts for us after we’ve put the grandkids to bed and found a babysitter?
Thanks
Dave

Tess
Me and the family are off to York for my 70th birthday next weekend. We lived there for a year in 2003/4 in St Andrews close, and we loved it. We’ve got the restaurants booked for Friday and Saturday but not the best places to drink. My locals back then were
The Maltings
The Black Swan
The Blue Bell
The Last Drop
can you suggest some other haunts for us after we’ve put the grandkids to bed and found a babysitter?
Thanks
Dave

Hiya

If you like craft beer I’d suggest Brew York. If not, The Maltings is still an excellent, respectable pub, if you don’t mind the no swearing rule.

The three tuns on coppergate does decent cask beer. The Golden Fleece on pavement is good. The skeleton in the bar is quite novel.

Pavement vaults is quite good.
Apart from that, everywhere we’ve been today are decent places. There’s soo many places!

Hope that helps a little. Ask @Clint too as he knows the crack in York. 😬

Last edited:
If that's the case then cloudwater has damaged it's reputation. Really poor, I had similar of beer 52 on a discounted box which is fair enough. I knew I was buying beer that was past its shelf life.
Nothing to do with Cloudwater unfortunately, although it is their name on it. Typical BD and Tesco contract. Saying that, check, could still be in date but CW don't want anything more to do with BD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back