What are you drinking tonight 2021?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry for the rubbish picture

View attachment 41038

This is @Pennine 'everything good in the world' imp stout and blimey is it good. Smooth drinking, out of the shed, it's cold but I get coffee and vanilla for sure, dark as the night, perfectly carbonated. Says its 12% and you can tell...... but you can't if you know what I mean. I'm going to let this warm up and see what happens when it warms up.

Love it, thanks for sharing.
You are welcome glad you enjoyed it! Did it get better warm?

So @Pennine Belgian sour blonde
Pours a slightly hazy gold colour with a good level of carbonation
Aroma is fruity with slight Brett in the background
Flavour is changing with every sip. Really fruity then Brett aftertaste. Really enjoyable and refreshing.
Overall I really enjoyed this beer. It's relatively young. Really refreshing and would suit a nice summer's day. I have never used wlp655 before, its different.
Thank you again 👌
View attachment 41030

I would be interested to hear what you think of it.
I thought it was pretty unique too, although it reminded me a lot of orval but with more body. I would have loved to let one sit for 6 months to see how it matured too. Glad you enjoyed it!

Tonight I am drinking my Golden Ale and a wheat beer brewed by my German brewing friend. Both beers have been in the fridge, a warm day today. The wheat beer is disappointing, no head, bland, just not enough going on. Pretty hard to brew a wheat beer with no head!
016.JPG

I used to think Germans were over meticulous, but this beer was woeful, he did try to wriggle out of it claiming his mother is French. Never mind, the beer contained alcohol so got consumed. Make a wheat beer go for the jugular, add some cloves and bitter orange peel, make it exciting, put me right off my Bratwurst.
004.JPG

I made this wheat beer some time ago, refreshing, and I did add bitter orange peel and cloves. Just wondered what happened to the hops I put in, there was nigh a trace of them.

Funny you should mention the wheat with no head...my last wheat was exactly the same...brewed the same as the previous one...roughly half and half pale and wheat malt and same hops plus a fair bit of priming sugar.
Carbonated in doors for a couple of weeks then moved to the shed...my usual regime.
It tasted ok but was flat as a witches t1t!

Funny you should mention the wheat with no head...my last wheat was exactly the same...brewed the same as the previous one...roughly half and half pale and wheat malt and same hops plus a fair bit of priming sugar.
Carbonated in doors for a couple of weeks then moved to the shed...my usual regime.
It tasted ok but was flat as a witches t1t!
My wheat beer was made up with flaked wheat 2.75 kg, 2.3 2 row pale malt and 0,12 flaked oats. Nice head and long lasting.

I thought it was pretty unique too, although it reminded me a lot of orval but with more body. I would have loved to let one sit for 6 months to see how it matured too. Glad you enjoyed it!
I really enjoyed it, I had a bottle of Orval a couple of nights after. Definitely similarities. Steve might let his bottle sit longer, looking forward to see his review.
Over all it was a lovely beer 👌

Once again, a first beer for too long for me! I've gone with what I think is probably going to deal best with the ridiculously cold temperatures in the beer store. Going to enjoy it whilst catching up on 20+ pages of what you've all been drinking in February.
Cheers 🍻.
_20210210_172340.JPG

after my AWOL online delivery order that was to arrived yesterday turned up today (not at all complaining considering the conditions) i am drinking bourbon but only after a certain obstacle was gotten rid of
IMG_20210210_165303.jpg

5th time this has happened. you'd think they'd have a doofer in the van to remove them after the packers fail to. they don't seem to mind the loss of the security device.

after my AWOL online delivery order that was to arrived yesterday turned up today (not at all complaining considering the conditions) i am drinking bourbon but only after a certain obstacle was gotten rid of
View attachment 41254
5th time this has happened. you'd think they'd have a doofer in the van to remove them after the packers fail to. they don't seem to mind the loss of the security device.

Good grief! That looks like something from the Krypton Factor. Round here there’s just a tag round the neck.

Good grief! That looks like something from the Krypton Factor. Round here there’s just a tag round the neck.
ha. my part of this particular city maybe requires sterner measures as a deterrent. couldn't find the cutting disk for my dremel so went at it with my second favourite wire cutters (nearly broke out my crowbar)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back