What are you drinking tonight 2021?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
IMG_20210209_165032.jpg

Up early off my last night shift as things to do!!
I've just finished bottling my German pilsner..this is the dregs..it tastes very nice indeed.

Next up a Burton Strong Ale
IMG_20210209_171005.jpg

PHWOAR! This is my kind of beer. Sweet toffee malt aromas, sweet and malty taste. It's like a watered down version of my American Barleywine (chinook hops, and a good amount of caramalt). Incredible!

38309950-131A-43E4-AE95-F926A352BBB8.jpeg

@samale kindly sent me this one a few weeks ago and I’ve been dying to try it. All I’ve been told is it’s a Raw English Pale Ale, ABV and recipe unknown!

On the nose, some Belgian funk, spicy phenols and maybe a hint of barnyard. But towards the end of the aroma (if that’s even a thing) there’s bright lemon and citrus jumping out of the glass. Smell beautiful.

The appearance is really pale, hazy and perfectly carbonated. I suppose it could have take a bit more carbonation but it wasn’t needed. Really well balanced.

Flavour wise, there’s loads going on here. Initially, there’s some spice and citrus fruit but as you dive deeper there is a definite herbal ‘edge’ to this beer which really comes through in the finish. It’s dry, citrusy and herbal!

Overall me and my fiancé really enjoyed this! A perfect summer beer. I think if this had a fraction more malt character coming through it would be sensational. A beautiful beer and I’m dying to see the recipe 🍺

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back