What are you drinking tonight 2021?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I know, I brew a couple of 19l batches each month through the warmer months 😂
I’m expanding my fridge space significantly this weekend, Constantly having a lager on the go pretty much ties up the existing brew fridge. Adding a second larder fridge for cold crashing/lagering/storage means I might stand a chance of being able to start brewing it quicker than I’m drinking it 😂

This one next. It isn’t brewed by Branthill Farm (the people that grow the grain) but this beer is sold by them at their brewery ale shop because the beer is brewed using their malt.
BCEF9685-6247-4190-B73E-A74351C9B1E8.jpeg

This is actually a really nice ale (it was recommended to me by the chap in the shop when I asked which beer he would reach for at the end of the day). The malt flavour is exceptional, it has a lovely baked crust flavour, an almost wheaty character, and a hint of rye. This is giving me ideas! They use Cascade and Fuggles hops which are well balanced but for me the malt is the hero.

Today was a beach day at Wells-next-the-sea. The tide was out and goes out a long way so you probably can’t even see the sea. Even here on the beach I had far better connectivity than at the holiday home!

View attachment 49626
On the way back we visited a local brewery where I bought a new glass and a selection of beers. The brewery grow and malt their own grain (Maris Otter), I have bought some if we had room in the car but that will have to wait for another day. Most of their grain is exported to California - wish I’d asked which breweries.

View attachment 49627 View attachment 49629
A bit further along the same road, this?!
View attachment 49630
Time to tuck in to one of those beers. This one has bready malt, pine, and citrus flavours. The aroma also has just a hint of malt whisky to it.
View attachment 49633
Looks like a great trip! Too bad you didn't get any of the malts.

I meant to say, I had a bottle of that Hatherwood's Porter from Lidl last night. I didn't like it as much as mine. wink... And I didn't think mine was amazing.

Draining the last of the American Amber keg with a soda stream canister and a party tap, now the kegerator has 3 fullish taps running. Really liked this one, haven’t made my mind up whether to do another one, an Irish red or a hefe for Tap 3 when the Summer Breeze runs out.

6500EEEF-1DA8-4DB0-B904-3426A497904C.jpeg

Draining the last of the American Amber keg with a soda stream canister and a party tap, now the kegerator has 3 fullish taps running. Really liked this one, haven’t made my mind up whether to do another one, an Irish red or a hefe for Tap 3 when the Summer Breeze runs out.

View attachment 49674
Summer-Breeze-runs-out....
Does not compute....Does not compute...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back