What are you drinking 2024.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My brew is done and resting before I transfer it to the fermenter. Time for a small glass of my cask bitter before I prep tomorrows brewday, a Czech lager.

IMG_7963.jpeg

Last of the beers kindly delivered by @Alastair70 and it is a Biere de Garde. Must admit, I am not sure if I have ever had one of these before. So a quick Google search was needed. Dark copper, white head, good carb level, aroma and taste is slightly spicy. Apparently they are akin to a farmhouse ale or saison. And I would say you have hit the nail on the head with this attempt, mate. Nicely done and thanks for sharing 👍

DSC_0008.JPG

IMG_20241008_174735_643.jpg

My last batch of light ale, been in the keg for two weeks, I did taste it last week and it wasn't great.

It seems to have sorted itself out now though, the late addition Lorien hops are really coming through nicely and giving it a floral finish.

The Kveik Hornindal is imparting some nice, subtle, fruity esters too, really happy with this one.

20241008_193923.jpg

"Sedmy Schod/Seven Steps" is our amber-coloured Bohemian Lager.
The story goes that during the Thirty Years' War, Swedish troops advanced as far as Bohemia. The citizens hid their beer from the mercenaries' drunkenness behind the seven steps of the cellar stairs.
Just as well, otherwise this style of beer would have been lost in the waves of history.

Last edited:
Last of the beers kindly delivered by @Alastair70 and it is a Biere de Garde. Must admit, I am not sure if I have ever had one of these before. So a quick Google search was needed. Dark copper, white head, good carb level, aroma and taste is slightly spicy. Apparently they are akin to a farmhouse ale or saison. And I would say you have hit the nail on the head with this attempt, mate. Nicely done and thanks for sharing 👍

View attachment 104626
Cheers for that, it certainly looks very pretty in the picture. I’m pleased with how this one turned out. Like you, I had no real idea about the style apart from one drunken night on holiday in France 10 years ago.

Back