Man Cave, who has one ?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tomcat

Supporting Member
Reaction score
11230 Ste Colombe sur L'Hers, Aude France
My Man Cave is taking shape, record deck in place, tv in place for dvds, and cds, bluetooth speaker for record deck and usb sticks, record rack built, bar built and homebrew beer Kegged, dartboard in place and carpet laid for offical distance, Game on

man-cave.jpg

Any excuse to show off my little shed...

IMG_20241005_182053_417.jpg
IMG_20241005_182035_729.jpg
IMG_20241005_182023_741.jpg
IMG_20241005_181957_847.jpg
IMG_20241005_181940_098.jpg

It's rendered invisible by the questionable satin dust covers, but, in the second from last pic there's a TV on a swivel arm above an Xbox one and PS2 (I prefer the old consoles!).

The lighting, air conditioning and small but rather fancy looking electric heater are all voice/remotely controlled with smart plugs and Alexa. I've freaked the neighbours out many a time when I walk into my shed late at night and start shouting at Alexa about the lights!

I do but sadly it is always in a state of build/upgrade...continual fettling so doesnt get the use it was intended for. Determined to use it over winter as a work from home space...just need a decent way to heat it.

I don’t want to have a common man-cave. However, I like my room with my hobby items

Attachments

• IMG_0422.jpeg
    IMG_0422.jpeg
    63.2 KB
  • IMG_0421.jpeg
    IMG_0421.jpeg
    93.6 KB
  • IMG_0420.jpeg
    IMG_0420.jpeg
    77.6 KB
Alas no, not in the current house. There isn't really any room for one unless I converted my garage which is my current brew space anyway but also contains many bikes, DIY clobber, fishing gear and probably a lot of other stuff I don't really need.

'Er indoors did suggest I could build a covered BBQ area when the kids no longer want a trampoline.

I don't really understand the purpose of a man cave. Don't you guys like spending time with your wives?
There again our entire house is pretty much done up as a man cave.

I don't really understand the purpose of a man cave. Don't you guys like spending time with your wives?
There again our entire house is pretty much done up as a man cave.
Hahahaha
Do you want the honest answer?

Actually the honest answer is I do. We have games evenings with teenage mini-me, strictly nights etc, but it's awfully nice to have a purpose built office for working from home and to have a place where I can go one or two nights a week and game or brew or do metal earth models whilst listening to slipknot/tool/metal bands
But primarily having a proper office is just bliss. Working from home 20 days a month and not having a proper environment just sucks ass so much. The extra bits are just the icing on the cake.

Latest posts

Back