What are you drinking 2024.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Tonight’s aperitif is a toffee vodka.

IMG_4116.jpeg

View attachment 103256
A bottle of my own Dark Mild and it is good, it is such a nice contrast to the hop driven IPA’s and Pale Ales I have being drinking. Malty with gentle carbonation, minimal bitterness just a nice easy to drink beer 🍻.

Sounds like you should enter it into the August comp. At the moment you are guaranteed 1st or second place 😁

What do you think of their range of beers. I have only had them in cans. Not really impressed at all
I've only tried them from the keg and just the stout and the IPA. Both decent enough beers in my opinion but with plenty of room to improve.

I had a good chat with young Ryan McCracken and was surprised to learn that 6 years ago he was learning to brew with a BIAB setup in his kitchen and now he has a craft beer business. It's great to see younger folk carrying on the Irish brewing tradition, running their own businesses and creating jobs. :beer1:

As for the rest of the beers at the festival I particularly enjoyed the Kinnegar offerings, particularly the Nitro American Red. The Heaney Brewery's NEIPA was excellent. An honourable mention too for the Rough Brothers Brewery with their Oatmeal Stout, Irish Red Ale and Northern Pale ale, all on cask and selling out very quickly.

There's obviously something in the water in the North West of Ireland these days, evidently it's malt, hops and yeast more often than not.

I've only tried them from the keg and just the stout and the IPA. Both decent enough beers in my opinion but with plenty of room to improve.

I had a good chat with young Ryan McCracken and was surprised to learn that 6 years ago he was learning to brew with a BIAB setup in his kitchen and now he has a craft beer business. It's great to see younger folk carrying on the Irish brewing tradition, running their own businesses and creating jobs. :beer1:

As for the rest of the beers at the festival I particularly enjoyed the Kinnegar offerings, particularly the Nitro American Red. The Heaney Brewery's NEIPA was excellent. An honourable mention too for the Rough Brothers Brewery with their Oatmeal Stout, Irish Red Ale and Northern Pale ale, all on cask and selling out very quickly.

There's obviously something in the water in the North West of Ireland these days, evidently it's malt, hops and yeast more often than not.
Brilliant great to hear success stories.

My Czech lager next. It looks similar to my NEIPA thanks to a bit of chill haze and condensation. A little bit of spicy Saaz gives way almost immediately to a lovely rich bready malt and as that fades a lovely soft lingering bitterness. I don’t mind commercial lagers but this is far more to my taste.

IMG_7471.jpeg

It's a very difficult market to crack. All the breweries you listed sell beer around the 3 pounds bracket (off sales). Kinnegar for Me are consistently above the rest, I will give McCracken's another try 👍

It's a very difficult market to crack. All the breweries you listed sell beer around the 3 pounds bracket (off sales). Kinnegar for Me are consistently above the rest, I will give McCracken's another try 👍
I absolutely agree regarding Kinnegar. Their beers are a cut above. athumb..

IMG_20240826_212159.jpg

Happy Bank Holiday to all you who had one, or not.
SWMBOD and I are currently fully occupied clearing out my RIP parent's house.
Completion Friday, Aaaaaaarrrrrgggghhh!
Beer is the cask of Westerham Spirit of Kent, beautiful aroma and flavours,
could also possibly be slightly slowly refermenting.
I've not seen it with a bead rising from the glass before, perhaps it's just not clean enough. 🍻

1000022222.jpg
spanish euro lager loosing it's appeal. In my ,'Obama' glass a citra and mosaic IPA. It's not bad at all Ehh it like being at home, the @micklupalo post of a pint of BFG didn't help! Hey ho fun in the sun, there is some good stuff here after all!

Latest posts

Back