What are you drinking 2024.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I’m having a glass of my NEIPA to sooth my troubled mind. I’m replacing the bi-fold door on our shower and it isn’t as easy as I’d expected. In common with most designs of this type the door assembly slides into a U-channel on either side fixed to the wall by screws in the channel. The one I’m taking out has a slightly different fixing for the U-channels - they have a return that goes behind the tiles and is fixed to the wall behind the tiles. We’re not replacing the tiles and they’re not a common design so I can’t break any. My solution is to run an angle grinder down the shower side of the U-channel and cut through the aluminium return. The plan is working but is slow work, is eating through cutting disks, and is creating an awful mess. 😖

IMG_7460.jpeg

After several hours and a couple of glasses of NEIPA I’ve finally got the old door and those troublesome U-channels off. I’ve cleaned up the mountain of dust and having a cask bitter while considering the question of whether I have the energy to start putting together and fitting the new door/frame.

IMG_7461.jpeg

Evening all. Enjoying a little time up the north coast. Opening affairs with an IPA from Kinnegar.

View attachment 103223
Never really took to cans for the Kinnegar range always preferred the bottles. They were planning on moving completely to canning untill the Irish government brought in the deposit returns scheme charging €0.15 per can but decided to invest in a bigger bottling plant instead. Thank god I say

After several hours and a couple of glasses of NEIPA I’ve finally got the old door and those troublesome U-channels off. I’ve cleaned up the mountain of dust and having a cask bitter while considering the question of whether I have the energy to start putting together and fitting the new door/frame.

View attachment 103216
Beer,
Power tools,
Fixing things straight? 🤔
Nah,
Beer and sanity say leave it 'till tomorrow. 🍻👍

Beer,
Power tools,
Fixing things straight? 🤔
Nah,
Beer and sanity say leave it 'till tomorrow. 🍻👍
No, in the end I just created a flat and square profile with tile grout for the new U-channels to sit against and I cleaned all the old silicon sealant from the shower base where the door frame sits along the front edge - while having another beer of course 😉. That’s it for tonight, a few more beers and a Chinese takeaway.

Latest posts

Back