What are you drinking 2024.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
When in Lincolnshire the best on offer is this
IMG_2116.jpeg

1000027355.jpg

Managed to pick up a bottle of Goat's Milk at a local farm shop today so figured I'd do a side by side comparison with the wedding pale ale as it was one of the inspirations.

Goat's Milk definitely has a bit more crystal malt and bitterness, but that was expected. Hop flavour and aromas have similar citrus characteristics, mouthfeel is similar too as they both use oats.

Goat's Milk is obviously a lot brighter, the wedding pale is getting clearer with each pour though.

I'm claiming a win for the wedding pale on head retention though! Hat tip to @JockyBrewer for his glycoprotein rest suggestion.

Had a nice hour or so with a couple of mates. One of them had recently co-brewed a ipa with another brewer so brought a growler to share along with my beers. Both left with a box of beers each. I am now down to bare bones, 1 keg of west coast black lager and dregs of dipa. Luckily got a pilsner that is lagering.

Thought I would make a dent on the can fridge with this. It's a bit disappointing, more earthy low hop aroma, which you don't expect from a nepa

1000042143.jpg

Back