What are you drinking 2024.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just got round to having @matt76 porter, afraid to say it was a little lively and sprayed the kitchen, unusual for you! Got about 2/3rds into the glass and once it settled is very nice. A nice dark chocolate aroma, lots of chocolate and raisin in the flavour, nice probably medium bodied, light enough to have a couple but has a bit of meat on it too. Very nice and thanks for sharing!

20240627_191452.jpg

20240627_191318.jpg

Thinking I didn't want a pint I remembered I had @Caramel Ox chili chocolate stout in the shed! Lively as warned but actually once poured the carbonation is fine. Nice malty aroma, reckon I can smell the chilli too. Flavour is lovely, malty, smooth, bitter but not overly so with a slight burn from the alcohol. Don't get much chilli in the flavour but I've really enjoyed it, thanks for sharing!

20240627_224831.jpg

Happy Friday folks.
This is my Rye-ish Red Ale. It’s only been in keg for a week but tastes great. I substituted in some Chocolate Rye, dropped the overall % of crystal malts but went with higher EBC‘s. Very happy with the changes.
Just needs a couple of weeks to settle and it’ll be a belter.
IMG_3446.jpeg

I think yolk color depends on what the chicks have been eating
Late to the thread with my two penn'orth.
My student flatmate lived on, and was the son of an egg 'farmer' farm near Newbury.
He said they could make the yolk and shell ANY colour they liked with the correct chicken feed ingredients.
The only thing they couldn't do was to prevent 'odd shapes' and multiple yolks in young layers.
Hence when he returned from a visit to his home farm we (5 lads) had a gross of misshapen multi-yolked eggs.
Oh, and a barrel of his brother's home brew beer.
An enjoyable, sessionable, straight-forward simple clean ale.
Sometimes I think we forget these simple things in our strivings to make 'great beer'.
I'll get my coat.... 🚶

IMG_20240628_184329.jpg

A first draw tester of my most recent brew.
A darkish hoppy bitter.
Not so dark perhaps, but the hops and long lasting malt flavours are amazing.
Problem is, I'm going to have to share this in a week or three at a family BBQ gathering 'chez nous' .
Good thing I have 20L between 2 casks in the garage.
Hope it lasts that long....... 🍻

Latest posts

Back