What are you drinking 2024.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
IMG_20240830_182053.jpg

Dregs of a cask brewed last November. Not clear, not exciting just tired. Just about drinkable.
Discarded the bottom 'crust'.
IMG_20240830_191739.jpg

This is more like it!
Cask Westerham Spirit of Kent.
Fresh and bitter and hoppy.
Everything my pale ale wasn't!

FOUND BEER IN TUNISA
got 2 bottles. Asked to take 2 with me and got the death stare.they can sell it on-site but it’s a capital offence to allow it to leave the premises I have no idea why Muslims allow people from other culture's into their country. I mean I’ve been to Türkiye a strictly muslin country and they allow other cultures to co exist but this place is another level.
IMG_2055.jpeg

FOUND BEER IN TUNISA
got 2 bottles. Asked to take 2 with me and got the death stare.they can sell it on-site but it’s a capital offence to allow it to leave the premises I have no idea why Muslims allow people from other culture's into their country. I mean I’ve been to Türkiye a strictly muslin country and they allow other cultures to co exist but this place is another level. View attachment 103393
Simply, at the end of the day the elite can ditch their dearly held religious beliefs if there’s money in it for them or their regimens.
I avoid these sort of places for exactly that reason which is a shame. There’s a lot of North Africa and the Middle East that otherwise I would really like to see.

Simply, at the end of the day the elite can ditch their dearly held religious beliefs if there’s money in it for the or their regimens.
I avoid these sort of places for exactly that reason which is a shame. There’s a lot of North Africa and the Middle East that I would really like to see.
It’s a fantastic place and the culture is a lot older than ours with a diversity that is something to behold but a tour guide that had us on a camel ride in the desert could not explain why hotels could sell alcohol but as soon as you step outside the gates it’s an offence to have/sell/consume alcohol. I personally hate all religions for the devides they deliberately cause. Are Muslims at fault ? Or is western culture at fault ? I think alcohol has been around longer than organised religion and the world is mostly the better for it

It’s a fantastic place and the culture is a lot older than ours with a diversity that is something to behold but a tour guide that had us on a camel ride in the desert could not explain why hotels could sell alcohol but as soon as you step outside the gates it’s an offence to have/sell/consume alcohol. I personally hate all religions for the devides they deliberately cause. Are Muslims at fault ? Or is western culture at fault ? I think alcohol has been around longer than organised religion and the world is mostly the better for it
Well, I’m a big fan of alcohol and not a fan of religion, so I reckon we’re on the same page😀
I’ll continue to indulge my interest in North African and Persian culture through food and literature but not in person.

Last edited:
:oops:
The last time I was in a pub, two quid a pint was fairly common unless it was something fancy, that's inflation for ya!
You've not been for a while then? 😂

The local Wetherspoon is around £3 a pint for its cheapest Ruddles.

Mind, my local Microbrewery that sell proper, nice tasting beer is £6 a pint. Worth every single penny.

Latest posts

Back