The Northern Craft Brewers Summer Meeting Meet July 2011

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

unclepumble

Landlord.
Reaction score
The July meeting of the Northern Craft brewers is 23rd July 2011 Heald Green Village Hall Heald Green, Cheshire
Please note this venue and date has changed from the original date and venue

On behalf of Bill Lowe, NCB Chairman
Hi All,
Due to Unforseen circumstances we cannot hold the July meeting in Huddersfield so I have booked
Heald Green Village Hall for Saturday 23rd July (the 30th is already booked)
From 11am until 5pm. Meeting at 12 noon. Meeting starts 1pm.Good food outlets in village
The hall is on Outwood road, five/ten minutes walk from the rail station.
Postcode: SK8 3JL
Competition is an English Pale Ale OG 1040 to 1048. Single hop please.
Cheers
Bill

Competition is an English Pale Ale 1040-1048OG Rules: any yeast any malt any single hop. (no multihop brew please), We will be holding a guess the hop used as an add on whilst judging the brews.

Cider Minx said:
I don't brew beer :( but can I come along for the day and drink everyone else's :)

Your welcome to come, we will all be judging the competition beers, we all judge as a peer group so you will be able to help decide the winner.

UP

How often does the NCB meet? And how do you deal with such a massive catchment areas? Is there sub branches?

The meetings are quaterly and are at different locations in the area.

There are other groups that cover smaller areas...

There is a regular Cheshire meeting in Knutsford
There are a few active local wine and beer circles that meet regularly
And, since you are asking about events, I'm planning a meeting in central Manchester for those of us of a general North West persuasion.

Where abouts in North Yorkshire are ya? If your near the boarder to Co Durham I know that their is a Darlington group. :thumb:

I will be near Harrogate soon, so Darlo isn't too far at all.... What's the crack with the Darlo group then?

Edit.... That's still bloody miles!

We had a really good meeting this afternoon, A little bit low on the numbers but a good meeting all the same, its hard getting the yorkshire men/women into cheshire thats for sure , I think we will need to fast track their visa's or offer free rail travel to attract them in future :D .

We had 11 entries in the Pale ale competition with a good standard of beers entered.

Honours went to

Tom Yates 1st
Shane Swindells 2nd
Bill Lowe 3rd

There were 4th and 5th but at present I can't remember so will post later when I have had a sleep :drunk: and been updated.

There were some really good beers floating around pre judging the standard of brewers coming o the meetings is certainly very high at the moment.

Thanks to all that attended, and we will look forward to seeing all that can attend the next meeting in october in Lancaster. :thumb:

UP

glad it all turned out well.
Unfortunatley I was on callout, but would have loved to come, even had a pass out, albeit a driving one.
So instead I got the new shineys out and had a play for the first time, cant wait for the cooler weather to start brewing, no more stuck mashes for me now- bring it on !!!!!!!
:D :D :D
ps anyone have a march pump for sale ?

cheers
fraz

Latest posts

Back