Northern Craft Brewers January Meet Sat 29/01/2011 Cheshire

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It was a good meeting yesterday afternoon, and some really good beers in the competition.
Well done to the Mumbler on a second, you were up against some good brewers too, The NCB members took 21 rosettes out of 51 at the national, to give you an idea of of the level of experience in our competitions.

I always enjoy the heald green meeting, as it gives everyone an insight into Judging beers, & there is plenty of time to chat and share ideas.

It was very good to buy very good beer in the manchester city centre at £1.56 too I struggle to see how Sam Smiths do it

Next meeting is in april at the saltaire brewery in Shipley.

UP

Twas a good meet, got to meet a richc and TheMumbler, a pleasure, and to try some very nice beers.
Looking forward to brewing for the next comp, pale @ 1.048, right up my street :cool:

And persuaded me to hang out here a bit more (rather than getting cross with popel on Jim's who think charities are the devil for example)

A top day - have mailed out to The Sun, Borough and Lancaster Brewery for the Oct 29th event - v. pleased we've tempted the group this far north and west for a change! At least Lancaster can deliver a LOT of great beer in a msall area which Helad Green seemed somewhat ill equipped to do.

Good to put names to face to forum IDs too for vossy, unclepumble and RichC

Was a good afternoon :thumb: can't fault an afternoon drinking other people's beers :D looking forward to the next :cheers:

Great to meet everyone and taste some really good beers. I'm looking forward to future meetings

TheMumbler said:
Good to meet rich too and make off with a bottle of his spiced old ale :)

I tried your bitter while brewing this afternoon, a very pleasant pint, I can do more detailed comments if you'd like

You'll have to excuse this post lancsteve, I'm **** with names :oops: :lol: were you the gentleman with the goaty and lovely Belgium blonde :shock: :lol:
I'm looking forward to the Lancaster meet :cool:
At least Lancaster can deliver a LOT of great beer in a msall area which Helad Green seemed somewhat ill equipped to do.
TBH, there are very few decent pubs in that area, Stockport or Manchester are your best bet.

Vossy1 said:
You'll have to excuse this post lancsteve, I'm **** with names :oops: :lol:

The hints in the handle - Lancs Steve ;-)

Was v. pleased at the positive reactions to the belgian blonde and dubbel - now scheming on an Orval-esque thing...

Latest posts

Back