Supermarket Juice Wine How To guide and Recipes.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The apple and mango is bubbling already. So started about 6 hours in. Tray needed I think.
About 1000- . 990 I think.

Wanted to try a wgj, but nobody has anything in stock.
Has anyone got alternatives for this. Not sure if the grape drinks with pear or apple would work?

Asda seem to be the only place that has WGJ these days if you are lucky, but you can make juice wines from almost any juice, but its probably best to add some grape juice enricher, or grape juice concentrate if not using grape juice.

Would a WOW wine taste bad if I made it and left it for a few months without ever racking it? The biggest put off for me is all the sterilizing and racking that needs to be done.

Great, thanks, I thought maybe all the stuff on the bottom would make the wine taste off. So what is the reason people rack the wine so much?
I do rack it off the once but then just leave in the garage in the DJ for a few months to make sure it's cleared. Started doing this because I was bottling the wine when it seemed clear but found that I still had sediment in the bottles.

You need to rack it off the dead yeast or it will taste bad if you leave it for months, you only need to rack once onto a crushed campden tablet, degas and stabilise, if you are leaving it months you should get away with not using finings.

You don't want to leave it on the sediment for too long,as it can give off flavours to the wine, rack it off the sediment when it has finished fermenting and then it can be left.

Can't believe how fast it's fermented. Well, after starting too off last Saturday. Rgj and apple/mango sg 1.101 finished at 991 so about 14.4%.
Rgj and apple/raspberry sg 1.098 finished at 992. 13.9%
Racked off, both tasted pretty good from sample. The mango surprisingly a bit more tart than the raspberry.
Added a wilko Camden and just under 1/2 tsp of their stabiliser. Hopefully that's OK? Too much? Too little?
Two dj's empty now!
Was going to try the one I have seen posted. Sauv blanc, with pineapple juice and fresh kiwi. Just need to find the recipe. Bit peeved though, was after some wgj. Was up at Newcastle and waitrose is the only place that advertise it now, they had none in.
Would a Youngs Definitive Grape Juice White Wine Enricher, 245 grams replace the wgj?

I've just put 2 wows in
One with 1 L rgj & 1L apple juice 1030g suger
Sg 1130

One 1 L rgj & 1.5 L Apple 750g suger
Sg 1120
Both with raspberry lowicz

Would a Youngs Definitive Grape Juice White Wine Enricher, 245 grams replace the wgj?

This is what I'm gonna try soon, I noticed that some apple juices are a lot darker than others, so I want to find a light coloured juice and try some enricher.

I've just put 2 wows in
One with 1 L rgj & 1L apple juice 1030g suger
Sh 1130

One 1 L rgj & 1.5 L Apple 750g suger
Sh 1020
Both with raspberry lowicz

Is that correct? 1020 seems a bit low with 2.5L of juices and 750g sugar

This is what I'm gonna try soon, I noticed that some apple juices are a lot darker than others, so I want to find a light coloured juice and try some enricher.

Is that correct? 1020 seems a bit low with 2.5L of juices and 750g sugar

No I typed it wrong
Sg 1120
I just get my apple juice and grape juice from asda
Red or white grape juice 2 L bottle £2.50

The difrence between youngs super wine yeast and Gavin G4 so far

image.jpg

I ve just back from asda, no wgj but I got a pineapple juice
Dus anyone no if I can use wgj concentrate from my local hbs
Is so what's the rate of exchange :doh:

I just made a boo boo lol
I picked up a litre of apple juice from the frindge instead off pineapple