Supermarket Juice Wine How To guide and Recipes.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No time for hydrometer, gave it a wee taste and its as dry as a dry thing that lives in the Sahara desert!! Tasted ok though. So into secondary and leave it to hopefully start to clear, I want to try and use as little chemicals as possible. You can taste the booze though. 😋

No time for hydrometer, gave it a wee taste and its as dry as a dry thing that lives in the Sahara desert!! Tasted ok though. So into secondary and leave it to hopefully start to clear, I want to try and use as little chemicals as possible. You can taste the booze though. 😋
Just how I like my wine, so it's sucks my **** up to my elbows [emoji2]

Haha you'd love this then I reckon if you had a big swig of this you would implode! My misses had a taste and it made her mouth shrivel up and look like a cats bum.

Tonight I have mostly been drinkin, purple grape, apple, peach, mango n passion fruit, very nice
Then moved onto red grape, apple n mango, one of the faves
t.gif

Morning good people, I'm sorry to bombard you all with constant questions. I have just racked my first wow to secondary to clear and it is so so dry. What is the best way to sweeten it without clouding it or using chemicals?
Thank you and happy Friday
Ben

You could also add sugar to the bottle and shake it, I used to do this at one and a half teaspoons per litre, I now don't let it completely ferment to dry and no longer back sweeten.

You could also add sugar to the bottle and shake it, I used to do this at one and a half teaspoons per litre, I now don't let it completely ferment to dry and no longer back sweeten.
You are at risk if secondary fermentation if you do that, unless you use stabiliser of course.

I assumed he was following the video in the original post here so would have stabilised, if not as you say don't. :thumb:

Spent a few hours today bottling some wow and some country wines and a couple of All Grain brews

A nice selection of different wow's, Left to right
Purple Grape, Apple n Mango....Red Grape and Tropical....Red grape, Apple n Mango....Purple Grape, Apple, Peach, Mango and Passion Fruit.....Red Grape and Apple

wows.jpg

From Left to right
6 bottles RGJ and Apple Wow
6 bottles Round Courgette
12 bottles Buck's Prune (Damson)
12 Bottles Rhubarb

In the background 3 x DJ, 1 x wheat n rice, 1 x Lady grey tea, and 1 using spent grain from and all grain brew, and right at the back some wheat beer all grain in 2 DJ's'

bottled.jpg

Hello all. Bit the bullet and decided to invest in a couple of dj's and have a go at WOW today. Got Asda rgj and a apple and mango and also a Asda rgj and Tesco apple and raspberry.
Apple and mango sg was 1.100 @ 23oc
Apple and Raspberry sg was 1.098 @ 22oc so being a newbie I think thats pretty much spot on.
I might of missed it in all these posts but what is the best temperature to ferment at? At the moment its under staires as thats about the only place I have with the beers I have going also. Its normally about 20-21oc but I know over night when I have checked my beers its dropped to about 18oc. Will this be ok, is wine yeast a bit more hardy than beer yeast. I used Youngs super with it.

Most yeasts will ferment at anything from 7 to 30 degrees so most home are fine. Obviously the warmer it is, the quicker the fermentation.

Red wines are best at higher temperatures

I don't use a heat source so my juice wines ferment from about 15c in winter to the high twenties in summer, a longer fermentation is not a bad thing and some say it makes a better wine.

Just need to wait for the bubbles then! Its sat alongside 42 bottles of Beerworks Mersey Dockers Ipa thats just been bottled today also.

Latest posts

Back