Sunny in Scunny

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

trikerjim

Reaction score
Hi all
I am a new brewerer at 40 years old. Bought a kit last week from The Range in town, consisting of a fermenting bucket, a paddle, a syphon tube and some steriliser. i Bought a pilsner beer kit and some brewers sugar and away i went. Supposedly 10 days in vessle then bottle and leave 2 weeks, but obviously the longer left the better.
I belong to a goldwing forum for my bike, a 206cc forum for my mrs car, a woodturning forum for my hobby and now this one. Forums are a great way to meet friendly people, exchange tips and ideas and just be able to "talk" to people with like minded interests using our modern technology.
Anyway, i am in Sunny Scunnthorpe, North Lincolnshire and i am going to have a go at making me some beer,
Bye for now
Jim

Ps i have deliberately spelt Scunnthorpe with 2 "n's" as it wouldnt let me post because my post looked to spammy? and it didnt like the middle word within the word (bad english). Hey ho
jim

Hi & Welcome to the forum... :thumb: :thumb:

I was in Scunny the other week, bought a 14" wok from Tradewinds oriental shop....

BB

Thanks everyone for the warm welcomes. well i am on day 7 of fermentation.
the bubbles and froth on top has now subsided to just a frothy skin. i will still leave it till weds/thursday though as the instructions suggested, then bottle. i just hope its all working ok? i have it on a nest of tables in the living room because the instructions say not to use the airing cupboard as too hot? my heating is on a timer, twice a day so the temperature fluctuates between 17 and 20 degrees if the thermometer stuck on the side is anything to go by,
anyhow, time will tell
bye for now
jim :hat:

Latest posts

Back