Patience pays off !

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Baz Chaz

Landlord.
Reaction score
I'm not usually very good at waiting, I'm usually a go get it sort and can be a bit impatient especially where brewings concerned :roll:

Bottling and conditioning everyone says it .... let it condition in the bottle, the longer the better, well the only way I could manage it was to put some bottles away, a few from each brew and try and forget about them :oops:

While in 'The Den' today I moved a box of a dozen of my first AG beers and decided to open it up, there were 3 of my Initiaton Brew bottles in there so I thought it was time :pray:

So 5 months after my first AG brew here it was, going to have a sample :?

It was incredible, what a pint, clear as anything, really nice head and as smooth as cream :clap:

So, tomorrow I'm going to clear a bit of space on one of the shelves in the garage and make sure I've a few from each brew tucked away and only opened a minimum of six months from brewing :cheers:

Hope the willpower holds out, it's certainly worth the wait ................

providing you've plenty of 'stock' :oops:

Initiation Brew

Being a keen angler Baz i thought patience would be a strong point
Then again im into fishing aswell and i cant wait for my brews to condition fully :lol:

31bb3 said:
Being a keen angler Baz i thought patience would be a strong point
Then again im into fishing aswell and i cant wait for my brews to condition fully :lol:

Thats the daftest part, where fishings concerned I've all the time and patience needed, I can switch off and relax and just 'go with the flow' :roll:

Springer said:
We all know its best to wait.....but can we do it :lol:
providing you've plenty of 'stock' :oops:
Brew more you know thats the answer ;)

I'm brewing about every 2 weeks as it is :whistle:

Might knock another one out tomorrow or Monday :lol:

I'm on my second brew (the first was a disaster and needed tipping down the sink) and the beer, which has been bottled for about a week tastes great. I was only supposed to try one as a tester, but I was so impressed/ excited :party: that i'm now 6 down and planning to take 4 to my dads tonight and then to share some with my mate over a lamb roast tomorrow night.

In short, I'm having a hard time being patient. I do intend to put some of my bottles away in storage for later but we shall see!!
:drink:

Latest posts

Back