Octopus energy

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Also agile is not compatible with some of their feed in tariffs if you have solar.

I've just switched from economy7 to cozy octopus, as even with 10kwh battery, low light levels in the winter & HVAC heat pump running can use it all up by 4pm.
Cozy let's you top up in the afternoon as well.
Its not as cheap as agile, but then with agile you would be constantly changing your charging pattern. And it is compatible with their fixed solar feed in tariff.

Also agile is not compatible with some of their feed in tariffs if you have solar.

I've just switched from economy7 to cozy octopus, as even with 10kwh battery, low light levels in the winter & HVAC heat pump running can use it all up by 4pm.
Cozy let's you top up in the afternoon as well.
Its not as cheap as agile, but then with agile you would be constantly changing your charging pattern. And it is compatible with their fixed solar feed in tariff.
"Feed in tariff" is the old (no longer subscribable) tariff were you got paid for what you generate, not necessarily what your export.

I'm not on those as we only got solar this year. But agile is compatible with the 15p/kWh fixed export tariff (what we're on. We switch to intelligent flux in the summer when we net export)

Tomorrow is an abnormal day, but it's essentially free for many hours.
View attachment 105017
You can use https://agile.octopushome.net/dashboard
To make up your own mind based on how much it fluctuates
What rate do you sell? Because, based on your link, it looks like I will be selling for around 7-9 pence kWh on Agile , while I sell for 13.13 p/kWh on Flux at the moment before 16:00 and 26.21 p/kWh between 16:00 and 19:00
I wonder if it worth doing it for the winter period when my solar power generation falls by up to 10 times (December vs June)

It is going to be free for me anyway because this is the time when I generate solar power post...
Same here, but I can fill the battery for extra freeness. And put the washer/dryer/oven/fan heater on

What rate do you sell? Because, based on your link, it looks like I will be selling for around 7-9 pence kWh, while I sell for 13.13 p/kWh on Flux at the moment before 16:00 and 26.21 p/kWh between 16:00 and 19:00
I wonder if it worth doing it for the winter period when my solar power generation falls by up to 10 times (December vs June)
Just replied, but we export at 15p/kWh now. Over the winter we're a net importer, so go for the cheap import rate. We are exporting not a lot in October, and very little between 4-7pm given we need the battery capacity to cover the rest of the day.

In the summer when we're a net exporter, we're on IOF which exports at 22 or 29p /kWh (just gone up actually, these were the figures before the price change).

I'm still learning, but about the time you such from net import to net export is when you should change tariff. There are a few good YouTube vids about it

Guess I will call Octopus on Monday to understand this better - if I can fix my export, but import on Agile, then I am winning

Latest posts

Back