Northern Craft Brewers XMAS meet Huddersfield Sat 27th Nov

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

unclepumble

Landlord.
Reaction score
27th November 2010 : The Sportsman Huddersfield, Meet 12pm for 1pm Meeting

The NCB 2010 Xmas Meeting, The venue is The Sportsman in Huddersfield,
corner of Fitzwilliam St. and St. Johns Road.
15mins. from train station, or, HD1 5BE for gps. users

A familiar venue this time for our final scheduled
meeting of what has been a busy and successful 2010
for the N.C.B.

A pre Christmas chat and tasting

UP

Some Photos from last years meeting

Venue
huddersfield2.jpg

I smell an Aleman in the house :shock:
huddersfield1.jpg

Those 2 old kettle pots must have been taking their toll on the back by the looks of the posture.

UP

Hopefully I will be there.

Some good bars there Franklin.....but unfortunately, Cafe Gollum is closed .....some licence problem I understand.
I love both In De Wilderman and De Beiaard; the latter stocks La Chouffe on draught.

Steve, if you like mexican food....head to Los Pilones, it's on Kerkstraat.
I love Amsterdam :thumb:

Cheers for the info Mark, hopefully me and Emma will have a few days over there next year sometime.
I've been 3 times previously which has mostly involved 4 1/2 + hours of tattoo work at a little shop down Haarlemmerdijk.
I've not really been drinking around Amsterdam, when I was there my beer tastes weren't quite as broad as they are now.

Amsterdam is a drinkers paradise.....there are so many good little bars.
I've lost count of the number of times I've been.....I must be pushing close to 20 visits now.

Considering how empty my schedule normally is, you guys have a real knack for picking dates I can't make :(

When is the next one so that I can put it in the diary?

Next one is January

The January meet is Saturday 29th January 2011, 1200 for 1pm at Heald Green Village Hall, Outwood Road, SK8 3JL.
Ten minutes walk from the Heald Green train station. Trains are four per hour from Manchester Piccadilly.
No food, burt there are some great pie and sandwich shops in the village on the way.
Competition is a Mild Ale, any colour, OG 1034 to 1040. Six bottles required. Brown sloping shoulders type, Magners cider or Taylor's Landlord. Gold Crown Corks, no labels or any other identifying marks. £2.00 entrance fee to cover Hall Hire

This is usually a good one, bring plenty to sample as there is no Bar.

UP

highwayman said:
Can't make this one as I'm in Amsterdam....Plus after sampling too much at the last meeting :oops: ..I'm barred for at least 6 months by SWMBO :(
That strong stout Steve :eek:

BB

paulpj26 said:
What is the northern craft brewers? Can anyone turn up?
:cheers:

The Northern Craft Brewers is a group of all grain Craft brewers who meet regularly in Yorkshire Lancashire and Cheshire.

We are a splinter group of the Craft Brewing Association, & yes you are welcome to come to see what we are about your most welcome, subs are usually about £2.00 for the meeting.

If you have yet to progress onto AG brewing your still welcome.

Hope to see you on Saturday.

UP

highwayman said:
Amsterdam was cold..but..some how..not for those girls in Bikini's in those Booths ;) :whistle:

Do those girls whistle too? :D Multi-talented eh!

It was a good meeting and we even Had some pickle!

The Sportsman had an excellent selection of beers well kept and there were quite a few decent samples of bottle conditioned beers from the members too ;)

UP

Latest posts

Back