Northern Craft Brewers January Meet Sat 29/01/2011 Cheshire

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

unclepumble

Landlord.
Reaction score
The Northern Craft Brewers January meet is Saturday 29th January 2011, 1200 for 1pm at Heald Green Village Hall, Outwood Road, SK8 3JL.
Ten minutes walk from the Heald Green train station. Trains are four per hour from Manchester Piccadilly.
No food on site, but there are some great pie and sandwich shops in the village on the way.

Competition is a Mild Ale, any colour, OG 1034 to 1040. Six bottles required. Brown sloping shoulders type, Magners cider or Taylor's Landlord. Gold Crown Corks, no labels or any other identifying marks. £2.00 entrance fee to cover Hall Hire.

Bottle swapping and sampling of other brews other than the competition entry encouraged.

The Calender of future meetings up until the end of July 2010 has also been added to http://www.northerncraftbrewers.co.uk

UP

Count me in UP. I've totally buggered up on the bottle side of things but I'm sure I'll get some feedback good or bad :lol: even my 3 Magners bottles that I used were the wrong ones they're actually 750ml not the 500ml required whoops :roll: still it will be a good laugh and it will be really nice to meet you all :thumb:

richc said:
Sounds fun, do I just turn up on the day?
Yes just come along on the day,

Be prepared for about and hour of club stuff at the start of the meeting as its the AGM as well as a meeting and competition though.

Heald green is a good venue though plenty of chance for a good chin wag and a few sips :drink: of each others beers, bring a bottle if you want any appraisals on your efforts we do have at least 2 guild beer judges as members, so you will have decent pallets giving you feedback.

UP

I will be UP

Gonna take 6 bottles with me, think that should be enough :hmm:
:drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: :whistle:

I'm having a discussion with She about it now. It's been on the calendar for months, I've been mentioning it regularly to keep it on her radar.

And She has arranged to move her horse into a new stable this weekend :roll: I'm required as the only driver . . . and the muscle to move the bed and general muck heap technician. . . . Do it on Sunday I hear you suggest . . . .But She is in the choir at church on a Sunday and couldn't possibly give that up

I will be there :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Enjoyable meet, especially since I landed and unexpected 2nd place in the mild comp. Good to see UP again and meet Vossy. I'm sure I'll make another meet, hope to put more faces to forum names then.

Latest posts

Back