Newb brewing Milestones Dasher the Flasher :)

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

droog

Reaction score
Ok, Next brew for me (grand total of 2 now)! I've had a taste at the local wineworks here and decided to brew this ale. Instructions are a bit generic and vague, what with having directions to dry pitch and yet the yeast packet (muntons) has alternative instructions. After sterilising the equipment, (managed to soak myself and most of kitchen) followed instructions and made the brew.
Instead of using tap water I used Aqua pura (at £1 for a 5 litre bottle) and I can then use those as FV for my wines and weird stuff I'd like to try!
1 day in and it seems a little slow. It has just started to form a yeast head, come on little yeasties!!
I planned to prime and keg it, but something keeps telling me to bottle it and I might half it into PET 2litre bottles to see which I prefer.

Also had a stuck vimto wine, solved that with another pitch and a bit of a cuddle with a blanket :)

Think I will stick to the kits for a while and make sure I have all the techniques sorted before I go all in with mash tuns etc :)

Ale has raised a lovely fluffy head now and I think is brewing nicely! It is currently living in a pantry at a temp of 17C. Is that a little cold?

Back