Klarstein Mundschenk

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Do you raise temp to mash out on full volume, or once mash is complete just move onto boiling without? I'm planning on keeping a boiler so csn sparge if need be, but to be honest if I can avoid this that'd be great.

Do you raise temp to mash out on full volume, or once mash is complete just move onto boiling without? I'm planning on keeping a boiler so csn sparge if need be, but to be honest if I can avoid this that'd be great.
Mash out will improve efficiency, as hotter wort is less viscous.

Super. Thought that'd be the case, but worth checking!

Just need to find out if I'm moving house now, as if not I'm getting some brews on!

If I have none fermentables in the grain bill which I normally do. I put them in at mash out temperature for 20 minutes. If I don’t have any I go straight to the boil. Remember mashing at full volume will require extra base malt, so start your calculations at 60 percent efficiency and work from there until you work out your average efficiency.

My first brew with this one went well. At least the brew did, I think. We'll see what the beer turns out like. It was a Punk IPA clone that seems to have been just sitting around for months.
Got it up to mash temp on full power (what it thought was mash temp) set it at 1700w to maintain. Got a lil vid of the mash in process, nothin else though. Found the boil to be a bit bothersome, had to get it up to 2200w to keep a roll going and a temp correction as it seemed to think what I'd barely call a simmer was a boil. Surpassed the initial gravity, was meant to be 1053. Ended up with 1064. Not complaining.
Cleaning was easy, just filled a bit and got the **** out (tipped it down sink) circulated a lil bit of cleaning solution, then a bit more water. The pump made it a piece of psss.
Got to say I don't think I could be happier with this one, it didn't break and with the fear I had from the Vevor experience, once it actually got boiling the apprehensions were gone.
No messing around with burners or gas. Still two vessels with a sparge heater, but definitely reduces the footprint.
In fact the only issue I can say I've had has been the EU plug but that's what happens when you order something from the EU via a co.uk website I guess. That was also easily resolvable through Amazon though. Mr.Gadget's Solutions (Grounded) European EU Schuko to UK 3 Pin Converter Plug 13A, Black: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics & Photo
Be a couple weeks till it's next used, still have to free up a keg for this batch.
Thank you to all you guys for your comments on here. As they've really helped me.

Attachments

• VID-20230206-WA0001.mp4
    5.7 MB
Thanks for all the great reviews, I decided to join the party and ordered one today.

Seems very strange to me that before applying the coupon code the copper colour is already cheaper at £235.99 vs £339.99 for the silver given the copper looks nicer and more unique compared to the countless other rebadged Guten boilers. Interestingly the copper was added to Amazon not that long ago: 24 May 2022 vs 19 Oct. 2017 for the silver.

I'll start looking around the house for an old appliance with 13A plug I can transplant. Think I have one on a old blender that the motor burnt out.

Thanks for all the great reviews, I decided to join the party and ordered one today.

Seems very strange to me the copper colour is cheaper at £235.99 vs £339.99 for the silver in the first place especially given the copper looks nicer and more unique compared to the countless other rebadged Guten boilers. Interestingly the copper was added to Amazon not that long ago: 24 May 2022 vs 19 Oct. 2017 for the silver.

I'll start looking around the house for an old appliance with 13A plug I can transplant. Think I have one on a old blender that the motor burnt out.
You did remember to use KS-SA2-LE5 for £176.99?

Thought I'd flag this.

Klarsteins Mundschenk all in one system usually goes for £300+. The copper version is currently reduced to £235.99 on it's website (and Hifi Tower), which is tempting enough.

However, there's also another 25% off this. So you're looking at a total of £176.99! That's good enough for me to take the plunge and upgrade to a shiny all in one system.

Granted it's not top of the range and only 30l capacity, but I've not seen sny comparable systems anywhere near this price.
Where do you see the extra 25% off? I am tempted too. My wife will kill me.

Yeh it would be useful to others if @Eight Ace edited the first post to include the coupon code.

It's KS-SA2-LE5 enter it on the basket page and click redeem and it knocks 25% off making it £176.99

Thanks @Eight Ace not sure how much longer this code will stick around, as they are not marketing it, so if anyone is dithering, jump in soon!

That's a shame I guess someone with some extra time on their hands this morning alerted them to the mistake or maybe someone tried to order a ton of them lol! Anyway it was fun while it lasted!

Has anyone bought a bottom screen to sit above the bazooka filter? If so, where from and which one was it? Thanks.

I bought a coarser bazooka that worked really well, and could see why you might want a screen above or below to protect the pump. I was tempted to just buy some stainless mesh from Ali Express and make one..

Back