How has it taken them this long?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sadfield

Landlord.
Reaction score
Stumbled across this three week old video presenting "Flash Brewing" as a new concept to the American homebrew scene. A slighty different format to pre-hopped LME, but it's still a just add water and pitch yeast process.

I was watching that earlier, would it even work that well? Seems like it would taste a bit grim.

My experiences with similar stuff have never been particularly good.

I don't get the rush when making beer, it's the wrong mindset. I think it's quite common though with people who haven't brewed before, a month seems like an eternity 🙃

If you brew regularly it's no bother that each beer beer takes a month or so as there's always something in the pipeline.

There's no rush in the fermentation though. This is just America finally discovering Kit brewing. Except their kits are DME and Extract rather than pre-hopped LME.

"Flash Brewing™ Kits
Introducing MoreBeer!'s Flash Brewing™ Kits! Designed for both novice and seasoned homebrewers, these innovative recipe kits allow you to simply mix the ingredients with water and add yeast for fermentation. This streamlined process not only saves you valuable time but also simplifies brewing without sacrificing flavor. Say hello to a faster, easier way to craft exceptional beer at home."
https://www.morebeer.com/category/flash-brewing.html

The DME beer kit has been available since the 1970's here in the UK.

Hambleton Bard Dry Beer Kits

They don't contain the dry hops but it is the same otherwise, a pouch of bittering goo, yeast and spray dried malt.

Back