Home Brew Competition - November 16

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Right sorry lets do this....

In third place..... @doctormick with his Citra Pale Ale v2

In Second Place ..... @jfb with Three Corner Pale

and the winner of THBF November 2016 Pale Ale competition iiiissssssss......................

1st place... @doctormick with his Citra Pale Ale V1 - all three judges thought it was the most balanced beer and fitted the style guide to a tee.

Feedback is being typed up for all - scanner broken. Thank you for letting me judge and looking forward to doing it again.

The scoresheets asks for positive feedback only but I think to improve you need constructive feedback. I hope you don't mind my honest approach. I don't mean to offend - and don't think I have.

Big up @DoctorMick well done mate. Look forward to seeing your recipes:thumb:
And big thanks to @Leon103 and friends bet it was a tough nights work:whistle:

Right lads/ladies I have mucked up. I missed this key rule:

-Participants can enter multiple beers per competition, however only one may compete for a winning position. This will be the beer with the highest score.

So @doctormick loses his 3rd place and @hoddy moves into 3rd. Those are the rules!!!

Well done @Hoddy:clap:

I must admit I was wondering if I should of mentioned that rule. I think someone had to many beers last night:drunk:
And its nice to see three names at the top.

Well done @Hoddy:clap:

I must admit I was wondering if I should of mentioned that rule. I think someone had to many beers last night:drunk:
And its nice to see three names at the top.

I didn't have that much to be honest. Only drinking a 3rd of a pint at a time. I was a bit ill last night and thought at one stage I would have to give up. Took bit of a break and moved into the lounge and then I was ok to finish.

I didn't have that much to be honest. Only drinking a 3rd of a pint at a time. I was a bit ill last night and thought at one stage I would have to give up. Took bit of a break and moved into the lounge and then I was ok to finish.

Theres been quite a bit going around at work at the moment.
Just drinking a bottle of the three corners now against reading your notes.
"Apricots" never got those before and now there smacking me in the face!
I didn't really get pales before, thought they were dumbed down IPA's. Thanks to your comments I think I have a much better understanding which will help me in future brews :thumb:
I would really like to say to anyone who is thinking about entering into one of the forum comps to do it.
The feed back you get off of the judges is very positive and helpful. And will certainly help you understand and see your beer from a different perspective.
Apricots cant believe I didn't notice them:doh:

Theres been quite a bit going around at work at the moment.
I didn't really get pales before, thought they were dumbed down IPA's. Thanks to your comments I think I have a much better understanding and i'll be able to put them in to future brews:thumb:
I would really like to say to anyone who is thinking about entering into one of the forum comps to do it.
The feed back you get off of the judges is very positive and helpful. And will certainly help you understand and see your beer from a different perspective.
Apricots cant believe I didn't notice them:doh:

I am the same, I pass a drink to swmbo and she rolls of a list of flavours that i miss, but then get them with the following slurp.

But there were 5 of us around a table last night and we all got apricots from yours

The same happened to me, peaches was mentioned and I hadn't picked up on it before. Tried a bottle earlier after reading the feedback and there it was.

Back