General election & new Labour government thread.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Which party will you vote for

• Labour

• Conservative

• Reform

• Green

• SNP

• Lib Dem

• Still on the fence.

• Plaid cymru

• Local Independant

Results are only viewable after voting.
There's plenty of other constituencies he can move to. Man didn't turn up to his job at the European parliament for years and people still voted for him like he was doing the lord's work.
I look at the European Parliament regularly it is almost always empty, one of the worst offenders is Ursula Von der Leyen, they only need to turn out if they are going to have a vote. The MEPs conduct their work from their offices not on the floor of parliament.
If you want to watch the proceedings live I advise you not to watch for more than 10 minutes, they can send a glass eye to sleep.
1720308164664.png

Last edited:
Looks like it's a half French half English . How come the Fleur de Lis is on there?
It is from when the kings of England claimed their ancestral lands in France (the 100 years war.)
This is from Wiilam the Conquerer (from Normandy).

Henry IV was the first English king not to take the oath in French.

I look at the European Parliament regularly it is almost always empty, one of the worst offenders is Ursula Von der Leyen, they only need to turn out if they are going to have a vote. The MEPs conduct their work from their offices not on the floor of parliament.
If you want to watch the proceedings live I advise you not to watch for more than 10 minutes, they can send a glass eye to sleep.
View attachment 101579
You seriously do this?
Would you not watch Neighbours or Home and Away instead

You seriously do this?
Would you not watch Neighbours or Home and Away instead
🤣 Never have seen one episode of either. But I know they are a favourite of the UK viewers. Even the EU Parliament has got boring without Nigel giving them a shake-up
The next election is going to be the one to get interested in. The conservative voters have got their protest votes out of the way, unless the Tories can come up with a leader Nigel Farage will be the next PM.
Worth going down to William Hills or Ladbrokes and placing a wager while the odds are in the punter's favour. As time goes by they will only shorten.

Watch the BBC parliament channel, most of the time there's only a handful of MPs in the chamber. More interesting are the committee sittings (on Parliament TV) and of course MP work in their office and constituencies (which from my experience often happens at weekends).
So if the chamber is packed MPs are not working on day to day business, though most have staff running their office. But these are things everyone knows. Slagging off MPs (and especially MEPs) is good for click bait.
What worries me more that being an MP has become a dangerous occupation - remember 2 MPs have been murdered in recent years. And countless others are being threatened on a daily basis
I find the way MPs are attacked especially on "social" media quite disgusting.

View attachment 101579

More people there than on many days in the House of Commons.

It is from when the kings of England claimed their ancestral lands in France (the 100 years war.)
This is from Wiilam the Conquerer (from Normandy).

Henry IV was the first English king not to take the oath in French.
I believe (and I could be wrong) two of the three lions represent lands in France (Normandy and Aquataine?).

I believe (and I could be wrong) two of the three lions represent lands in France (Normandy and Aquataine?).
Not an expert, but I think you are right.
They would claim Normandy as part of William the conqueror's bloodline.
I think they also had a loose claim on the French throne

Will be interesting to see how popular he is after 4 years of actually being accountable to a constituency.
It'll be interesting to see whether he survives four days of parliamentary procedure!
I can't see how a gob-on-legs is going to avoid summary expulsion. Mind you Bercow managed it, but I can't ee Farridge becoming Speaker.

Latest posts

Back