Extract to start

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I started with extract brewing and eventually moved to all-grain. The control over the brewing process and the ability to experiment with different grains and flavors really appealed to me.

I just tapped a keg of this last night and it’s really very good.
IMG_5645.jpeg

I hadn’t used extract since starting out in 2015 but found myself not brewing enough due to time so figured I’d give this a try. I used spring water and was done in 30 mins, two weeks in the fermenter with a very modest dry hop and one week carbing up and I have to say for the ease with which it came together and less cleaning it’s pretty compelling. It is more expensive and obviously less creative so I’ve got a custom kit from geterbrewwed in my basket but I can see myself doing this again. I wonder if some of the bad rep kits get is because we try them starting out before taking water treatment and fermentation temp seriously?

I should add in case anyone reading this decides to try this kit, it is very good but it tastes like an English beer with a more malty finish i immediately think of Tribute. If you’re a fan of more modern thinner pales etc (which I am too) then I wouldn’t recommend this particular kit.

One of the first things I brewed was a Woodford kit and remember being very impressed with it, certinally better than most out there and got me hooked on homebrewing

Latest posts

Back