Electric cars.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Most of the affordable second hand cars are 50kWh batteries or less meaning my only real options below £20k are the Hyundai Kona and MG4. They both seem nice, but it's not exactly the breadth of choice I'd hoped for.
This car is a cat S but according to the owner, professionally repaired after he bought it. 78kWh and 22k miles for £18k

1728987196818.png

Also in that price range are (in no particular order) Citreon e-C3 and e-C4, Corsa-e and Mokka-e, Kia Niro and Soul, Peugeot e208 and e2008, VW ID3 and ID4, Renault Megane E-Tech. All between ~44kWh and 64kWh.

Last edited:
Mentioning Polestar 2, I see a bunch of 1 year old cars with only delivery mileage on them for £25-27k:

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/car-se...lb&price-from=3000&sort=year-asc&year-to=2024
Yeah, I bought one earlier this year with less than 6k on it.

Great car, mine is the dual motor which has mad power. But still does considerable mileage on a single charge. Have got 350km out of it on mostly motorway with no sparing of the horses. Did 680km in one day a couple of months ago. Some public charging necessary obviously, but all done in dead time bar an 8 minute splash and dash for an added 20kWh.

Public charging is a bit cheaper in Ireland than the UK. AC charging as low as 33c and DC from about 48c. (28p and 40p).

@matt.

Did you pick up the car?
Picking up this Friday. It needed a little touch up on the rear bumper.
Last service was in August; the second after 2 years and 19,000 miles.
I have paid up front for x2 services and MOT's, so next August I'll pop it in for service and MOT.
Pictures to follow at the weekend..... athumb..

Latest posts

Back