dave_77 Brewdays- 2023 and beyond

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Another midweek brew day today.
Brewed a Golden ale, first time using Endeavour hops on this brew.
So malts were Crisp clear choice pale
Bestmalz Pils, Wheat Malt. Hops will be Brewers Gold & Endeavour in the Whirlpool, with Uk Cascade and Endeavour dry hop. Using a common yeast for hopefully a clean crisp hoppy golden ale.
View attachment 83094View attachment 83095
Hit all the numbers with no issues .

https://share.brewfather.app/8dZ3CE4WZuqFGT

I also brewed a Golden Ale at the weekend so if you fancy a swap in a few weeks I'd be up for that.

Endeavour hops sound interesting -Mixed blackcurrant, loganberry and spice notes best describe Endeavour’s aroma, with a wonderful grapefruit and lime
Looking forward to trying this Golden Ale when it's ready. Fermentation has started quickly

Just Kegged the UK Cascade and Endeavour hopped Golden Ale.
Sample and a nice level of bitterness with citrus and a little berry maybe.. promising 🤞
IMG_20230326_152030.jpg

First trial of the Altbier this week. Malt flavours are nice. Needs another 3-4 weeks to crisp and clear. Think there is still yeast in suspension had a odd mouthfeel to it at the moment, almost a bit chalky on the teeth..I'm sure it will clear up, very young.

Although, my fridge doesn't seem to be that cold🤷🏻...can't get to the back to give it a clean without moving the fermenting fridge and taking all the kegs out🤦

Had a good brewday yesterday, managed to start at 3pm and finished at 7ish with no issues. Hit all the numbers and volumes spot on.
This week's brew was a West Coast pale hopped with Chinook and Cascade in Whirlpool and Citra, Cascade and Columbus planned for the dry hop. Colour is planned to be on the lighter side compared to SN Pale but definitely more old school west coast hops with Citra for a modern hit.
IMG_20230425_164528.jpg

https://share.brewfather.app/qMzRDBsYzAGTHo

My kegerator stopped working so had to buy another larder fridge...
New kegerator is for 3 taps as I already had 3 holes cut in the fridge I had been using for fermentation. Used the new fridge for the fermentation chamber
Started a new project..
Had a medium chest freezer so almost converted that to a lagering/conditioning chamber. It will have 2 gas lines with 1 secondary regulator limiting a double manifold to 6-10psi. I have 1 tap at the moment in case one of the 2 conditioning kegs are ready to go and there is no space in the kegerator 😋
IMG_20230505_105004.jpg

Last edited:
Kegged the American pale(Citra, Cascade and Columbus) yesterday, tasted good and nicely carbonated out of the fermenter.
IMG_20230507_141639.jpg

That's going to condition for a week or two in the new conditioning/lagering chamber at 1.5c
IMG_20230507_140850.jpg
IMG_20230507_134635.jpg

Finished brewing latest hoppy Belgian pale. Brew day went well apart from being 2 PTS down.. sparge drained very quickly so usually the efficiency is reduced when the flow is too quick. It was actually 4pts down after the mash so boiled 15 mins longer which got me a little closer.
50/50 yeast combo at 18c K-97 and CML House . Dry hop the Styrian Golding and Saaz when it's 85% done. Planning around 8g/per l dry hop.
https://share.brewfather.app/YUZcyPtMVCXTvy

IMG_20230508_150836.jpg
IMG_20230508_145057.jpg

Cold crashing my hoppy Belgian pale for kegging this weekend.

Next brew

I can't decided between a Euro pale or a West coast Amber Pils

Euro pale will be pale, 40ibu , Kolsch yeast and 8-9g/l dry hop of Styrian Wolf, Saphir and Kazbek

Or

Amber pils 21 ebc in colour , around 35ibu with a WP and light dry hop of Amarillo and Ahtanum .

Kegged the Belgian pale today.more of a euro pale this one..not much yeast character from the fermenter sample..nice a sessionable at 4.7% .
It's in the lagering chamber at 1.5c for atleast a week , longer if none of the kegs kick.
IMG_20230520_164235.jpg

Latest posts

Back