Crossmyloof

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks like Crossmyloof are closing down this year which is a real shame! On the last order this week:

Hi there. A wee announcement about what’s happening here at Crossmyloof Brew in the coming weeks. After a decade of selling hops and yeast, we’ll be taking early retirement by the end of 2024 to do a bit more brewing and the like, meaning the website will be closing by the end of the year. We may still have a presence on Amazon after the website closes for a few months, allowing Amazon to do the order fulfilment, but that’s still to be confirmed.

If anyone fancies taking over Crossmyloof Brew, processing 2 tonnes of hops, countless yeast packs, and hundreds of grain recipe kits for over 11,000 orders annually, let us know! In the meantime, it’s business as usual until the timer on the website reaches zero and it goes without saying we thank you all for the support you’ve shown over the last 10 years. It truly has been a pleasure, and you guys and girls have made this whole online brewing supplies malarkey a delight.

That’s a real shame I use them for 90% of my yeast and hop orders. I mirror what Gonzo says. I’m going to put in a big order for yeast as it has a long shelf life.

This will especially annoy my wife. For the last 10 years I've bought multiple bags of hops at once to save on postage. And she's fed up with bags of hops in the freezer. And I don't like the "user-upper brews".

In the last 6 months I switched to "buy what I need for each brew" (hops/yeast only) because CML make it so easy.
They will really be missed!

Think i might give up brewing, this is a blow i buy all my hops and yeast from then 450g hops 100g yeast that does me 2 bags of grain or 10 brews, i wish them well always had first class service and banter emails never had a problem, all the best guys and happy retirement

1728053730219.png

I use them for 90% of my yeast and hop orders. I’m going to put in a big order for yeast as it has a long shelf life.
Same here, they're one of the very few places I've found that carry Lorien hops (my personal favourite) and their hop oil extract is a constant go to of mine. I use their Kveik Hornindal in pretty much every beer I brew.

Not to mention the occasional freebie packs of yeast or hop dust with bigger orders.

Genuinely sad to see them go.

Looks like Crossmyloof are closing down this year which is a real shame! On the last order this week:

Hi there. A wee announcement about what’s happening here at Crossmyloof Brew in the coming weeks. After a decade of selling hops and yeast, we’ll be taking early retirement by the end of 2024 to do a bit more brewing and the like, meaning the website will be closing by the end of the year. We may still have a presence on Amazon after the website closes for a few months, allowing Amazon to do the order fulfilment, but that’s still to be confirmed.

If anyone fancies taking over Crossmyloof Brew, processing 2 tonnes of hops, countless yeast packs, and hundreds of grain recipe kits for over 11,000 orders annually, let us know! In the meantime, it’s business as usual until the timer on the website reaches zero and it goes without saying we thank you all for the support you’ve shown over the last 10 years. It truly has been a pleasure, and you guys and girls have made this whole online brewing supplies malarkey a delight.
It's the end of the world. Terrible news. Use them all the time.

My go-to for hard to get hops. Just put an order in wonder if I have time for another one?
I doubt they were making much out of their enterprise otherwise it would be up for sale, not just closing the doors.

Really sorry to see them close but wish them all the best retirement. As others have said they were fantastic for small orders and the emails always made me smile. I need to place an order for my Christmas stout so I will make sure I get when I can from CML

With CML closing I wonder what will happen to their yeasts which are obviously repackaged? I wonder if we will ever find out who the original yeast manufacturer is. Some of their yeasts appear to be unique such as Pia, Hog-Norsk, Beoir, and Atlantic.

With CML closing I wonder what will happen to their yeasts which are obviously repackaged? I wonder if we will ever find out who the original yeast manufacturer is. Some of their yeasts appear to be unique such as Pia, Hog-Norsk, Beoir, and Atlantic.
It would be nice if they did release that information once they've closed. But I would imagine they won't as it could possibly cause legal issues

Latest posts

Back