Conical Fermenter

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
IIRC, the chap from oilybits will quite happily give you the dimensions of the hole needed to be cut for the conical to sit in. 1" ply makes a great base for them (suitably sealed)

EDIT IMO, once you start going over £200 (if you do) it may seriously be worth thinking about stainless ;)

Yes I see it now, the yeast sits on a step and gets disturbed during draw off because its not trapped fully in a rim type section.
As V says a wooden structure could be do the job quite well. ( Bet he's thinking if its only plastic and not stainless wood is ok to support it :lol: )
They do seem to a good alternative to SS, all things considered :)
Mig welders are not that expensive and are quite easy to master, especially on bench work, where its easy to apply the angle grinder if things don't go to plan ;)

I'm seriously thinking of considering this one at 130 quid for a 180L conical its difficult to beat . . . and IIRC the chap I know actually bought a 100L version from these people . . . 16" access hatch big enough for you Vossy . . . . . I know it is for me :lol:
EndOfMash.JPG

I'm seriously thinking of considering this one at 130 quid for a 180L conical its difficult to beat
That's a nice little conical A :cool:
16" access hatch big enough for you Vossy . . . . . I know it is for me
:lol: ...I might struggle to get my head through it :rofl: :rofl:
Bet he's thinking if its only plastic and not stainless wood is ok to support it
:lol: ..I have a wooden brew table...I'm not totally shiny mad...not yet :lol:

That pic looks like a scaled up version of what I have in mind for my HERMS heat exchanger :) won't have a hatch off course :lol:
It doesn't run on a 13 amp plug for sure :lol:
Regarding those plastic conicals, bet one would look good clad in timber, quite a challenge to get the cone bit sorted though............ but I recon it could be done, with a ring or two or copper........... or stainless............ :cool:

Latest posts

Back