Cheeky Vimto

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
muddydisco said:
To stop it, once it had reached the FG I wanted I placed the Fv in a cold enviroment Ie my spare fridge, added 4 campden tablets and 1/2 teaspoon per gallon of Potassium sorbate. This should be printed on your tub's. After 2 days I racked this into another Fv Leaving the yeast behind. Allowed any more yeast to fall out of suspension, then racked into my keg and force carbonated, as it wont carbonate on it's own.

Silly question maybe but did you crush the campden tablets or just leave them whole?

Just thought I'd check just in case it ever gets down to anywhere near 1.020/1.015 :pray: :pray:

Gordon Bennett! This stuff finally accelerated - yesterday morning at about 1.028 and today 1.007. :eek: Shall have to go and get some Pottasium Sorbate a bit sharpish.

Ow my head hurts today. Why didn't anyone warn me about drinking this stuff in pint glasses? :drink:

:nono: it's not the size or amount you drink, it's down to the amount of sugar used and how low it ferments :lol:

Would ec-1118 be fine for this? Might end up a bit dry though huh?

I drank my 'cheeky' last weekend, to be honest i'm no huge vimto fan anyway, mine wasnt that great, i did chill it, and force down three pints, i was extremely :drunk:

The next day my headfelt like roadkill.. :sick:

just not my cup of tea really. But dont regret trying it, and may have a go at a tweaked 'summer fruits' version.

Cc

BarnsleyBrewer said:
Just checked the o.g...came up around 1060....
Down to 1020 today, still sweet but a nice taste, fingers crossed it'll go down lower!
Longest I've known S-04 ferment... :eek:

BB

BarnsleyBrewer said:
BarnsleyBrewer said:
Just checked the o.g...came up around 1060....
Down to 1020 today, still sweet but a nice taste, fingers crossed it'll go down lower!
Longest I've known S-04 ferment... :eek:

BB
How long has it been fermenting for?

UPDATE......
Just bottled it, gravity went down to 1014 and was quite bright, I thought 1014 was o.k, especially after I'd fermented with good old S-04.
Still tasted quite sweet but not sickly sweet, quite pleasant. :thumb:

Any thoughts on this FG wine/cheeky vimto experts??

BB

Just getting another going, using Young's cider yeast this time....
Any thoughts on this yeast in C/Vimto??

Iv'e just racked Cheeky Vimto (3a) Its at 1.020 (OG 1.050) after 10 days useing S04 yeast and is the best tasteing version yet :thumb: . Ive stoped it as I want to see how it goes as a flat drink :hmm: .

(3b) is being alowed to carry on till the weekend then will be bottled and carbonated as normal.

Could it be the slower fermentation with S04 rather than the cider yeast ive been useing that has resulted in better taste retention :hmm:

Last time I did a cider with young's it ferments it dry, S-04 left something there that I thought was better.

Latest posts

Back