Brewing tomorrow - thoughts on recipe?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I'm very much new to tweaking recipes, but have come up with the attached pretty simple hazy style IPA (I think!!).
Any comments or feedback? I've reduced the IBU a little as I don't like too much bitterness, and have scaled back the malt slightly to keep it around the 6% mark.
I currently have 100g each of mosaic, Amarillo, citra and cascade - so could increase some of the quantities or buy more/something else in time for dry hop.
Yeast is likely to be mangrove Jack's M12 kveik.
Comments and feedback welcome - I'm planning on brewing tomorrow. 👍

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240725-194749.png
    Screenshot_20240725-194749.png
    72.9 KB · Views: 5
  • Screenshot_20240725-194733.png
    Screenshot_20240725-194733.png
    74 KB · Views: 0
You will get some IBU's from the whirlpool @80c but you will need to remove them if not cooling or it may give too much bitterness.
I am guessing you are going to cool after the whirlpool.
The hop mix looks good to me

You will get some IBU's from the whirlpool @80c but you will need to remove them if not cooling or it may give too much bitterness.
I am guessing you are going to cool after the whirlpool.
The hop mix looks good to me
Yes, I've got a plate chiller and currently freezing a load of blocks to prechill the input to that using a spare coil chiller I made.

Why do you want to use Voss kveik in an IPA? There are plenty of other high-temperature yeasts that won't make things so orangy. Lutra, for eg, or even W-34/70 will ferment OK onto the mid 20s.

I use the Kveik all the time Neil and it depends at what temp you ferment high can give orange but it will not overpower the hops in a IPA it will add to a fruity hop style like your recipe. If you do not want orange esters ferment lower it will also be done in days.
I am at this moment fermenting a Punk Clone which was pitched last night with Kveik it will not suppress the hops and and orange will be subtle with those hops

Back