Who's coming To THBF Spring Thing! (13th to 15th May 2011)?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Are you attending The Spring Thing?

• Yes

• No

• Not sure

Results are only viewable after voting.

tubby_shaw

Regular.
Reaction score
The Spring Thing is rapidly approaching :party:
What we need to know from you, our wonderful members is will you be attending ?
We need this information so that we can organise the event at the best possible cost and with the best possible amenities :thumb:
If you could also add a little post to let us know if you will be entering any beers into the competition that'd be great :thumb:

I'll be coming and maybe be bringing 2 other members but they wont commit :x
Only doin kits so wont be entering any.
Lookin forward to it.

What date is the spring thing?? and where i will make every effort if i am in the country :-)

Would the title not be better if it was "Who's coming to the spring thing" i nearly skipped over the thread.

What are the definitive classes? I know bohemian lager was one of them.

& are you having a "best Kit beer class any style"? might be worth a punt being as so many on here are kit only :hmm:

UP

My pass hasn't officialy been signed by SW(might)BO but I'm 99% certain I will be there, and should be entering one or two brews.

I should be coming.

UP I have had a few tents over the last 10 years as family has grown and personally outwell are the best, huge head room, for me an issue at 6' 4" and not cramped at all we camped this year with four adults and two kids (Vermount XL is BIG) the montana 6 is a nice tent and if you can get the sun canopy for the front it is even better. These things can be erected single handedly in about 30 mins or if the kids help an hour. They are not that cheap though and this is the best time of year to get a bargain on ebay they start to creep up in price around march time, I know I watched them last year.

I'll be there in some shape or form.
SHMBO will be very pregnant by that time....so I'm not sure of my exact plans.
I'm planning on stopping over at a local hotel or B&B on the Saturday.

Does the pub we're having the event at have any rooms??

markp said:

Hi Mark, no but the Town of Atherstone is 5 - 10 mins in a Taxi away and there are some B&B's

We plan to release a web page soon with information such as local hotels etc :thumb:

It does not fall on a race weekend so I have managed to secure an EXTRA weekend pass so looking good :thumb:

If there is a thread giving details of the brew criteria for this event could someone point me in the right direction please I cant find it :oops:

snail59 said:
It does not fall on a race weekend so I have managed to secure an EXTRA weekend pass so looking good :thumb:

If there is a thread giving details of the brew criteria for this event could someone point me in the right direction please I cant find it :oops:

viewtopic.php?f=29&t=10696&start=73

Will also be on a web page soon :cool:

Just starting a job so not sure whether I will be able to attend or not. If I do I'll probably enter a couple of beers for feedback. I was hoping to have a Czech lager done but time is slipping away on that one so more likely that it would be Bitter, Wheat and maybe APA

Wez said:
markp said:

Hi Mark, no but the Town of Atherstone is 5 - 10 mins in a Taxi away and there are some B&B's

We plan to release a web page soon with information such as local hotels etc :thumb:

Great :thumb:

Latest posts

Back