Whats everyone drinking?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Phil said:
I'm a couple of pints into my 1850 porter. Danmed good recipe.... :cool: :drink:

/Phil.

I need to try to brew one of these ;)

No no no no no!

I'm not that nasty :grin:

It's lovely, really lovely :drink:

Really :drink: Really :drink: lovely :party: :drink:

A T said:
Rochefort 8
As the 6 was, over carbonated but nicer than the 6

Are you building up to the cracker that is a rochefort 10???
One of the few strong Belgians that does not give me a banging hangover after 250ml :whistle:

A T said:
No a mate of mine got me a selection from The Abbot Ale House in Cork, no 10 :oops:

Some mate :nono:

Kidding :grin:

drinking taRd

although i just felt the weight of the keg and it's nearly dry!!! the genius has a bit of life left in it but i'd better do another brew ASAP to keep stocks up... dammit i really hope i can muster the cash to get a 20gal brewery up and running before xmas... i hate running out of booze :(

i'd say the taRd is much more flavoursome that the Genius. for some reason, adding 500g Wheat Malt has brought out the tastes of the roasted barley. the first sip fills your tastebuds with a nice rauche bier type smokey flavour that i'm really starting to appreciate. i want MORE! :D

so i've decided, while the Genius and taRd are fresh in my mind and the fact that i'm really hooked on stout at the moment, i'm going to do a brew this weekend as per the taRd but i'm going to add some aroma hops and a mid boil hop to add a bit more complexity :)

This one will be called Genius MkII until I can find a better and more suitable name for it. Suggestions are welcome of course ;)

If you ever get the chance AT, the 10 is REALLY worth it.

Last beer
St Bernardus Prior 8
I was lucky, my mate brought them for me from Cork, we can buy nothing like those beers in this one horse town :oops:

i'm absolutely smashed :oops:

i've been trying to compare my Genius and taRd all night long to try and work out what i want to change and what not to... i'm now 8 pints down and feeling rather worse for wear because i've not eaten properly either.

i'd better go to bed :oops: . gotta be at work for 8am

I'm having a night off the beer. So i've had a few glasses of red wine tonight. :lol:

A T said:
BrewStew said:
i'd better go to bed :oops: . gotta be at work for 8am

The middle of the day :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

i've been waiting for the right moment to use this smiley, and i should've used it last night, but i'm gunna use it right now :drunk:

I wasn't going to have a drink tonight but I am in shock with a certain football match tonight and have dived head first into my stocks. :(

I am drinking the last bottle of my Malcolms Tower that was bottled on 7th May '07. Its a White Shield esque type brew and is bloody loverly. :cheers:

Dunfie said:
I wasn't going to have a drink tonight but I am in shock with a certain football match tonight and have dived head first into my stocks. :(

I am drinking the last bottle of my Malcolms Tower that was bottled on 7th May '07. Its a White Shield esque type brew and is bloody loverly. :cheers:

07 beer :shock: my beer doesn't last 07 weeks :oops:

A T said:
07 beer :shock: my beer doesn't last 07 weeks :oops:

I like to keep a small amount back to see how it develops over time. I have a shelf in the garage with loads older than that - they rarely deteriorate with age :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back