What did you brew today?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
22 ltr of Allotmentfox Blonde Ale @1048 With added light DME that is fast hitting hist BB date with 10 minute addition and & Hopstand Cascade & Mosaic used US 05 yeast
Snap! Found a tin of muntons lme and a pouch of MJ lme lurking just inside bbe date. Put together and 23l of Chinook/cascade American pale? Erm Red ale. Not sure why lme darkens as it ages. Must admit using extract makes a quick brew day. Using cml atlantic.
1000022597.jpg

Pinter small batch experiment

Just brewed a 6ltr batch of an all grain DIPA. With Galaxy , mosaic & Nectaron . Used the WHC mango madness yeast & 15gm mix of these hops chucked in as a dry hop addition. Looking for an abv of 7.5 % ?? If it works will share recipe if it fails will share experience. If there is an explosion & clean up will share pictures 😂Malt Miller were my inspiration. 🍻✌️

Thought i would have a crack at a mead...based on the joes orange mead ..two demijohns one with mixed fruit one with citrus...see how it goes...might do a full brew tomorrow...thinking an IPA of some description

making a not strictly Smash...Maris otter...bit of light crystal and plenty of cascade....at the moment...
4.85 kg MO
390 g Crystal

8g cascade @90
10g Cascade @60
32g cascade @ 30
63g cascade hopstand @80 degrees

Plan to use US 05

all going well at moment

IBU should be around 41
5.6 abv or thereabouts

I'm doing a double batch - side by side.

23L Munich helles in the grainfather, and 5L of @Twostage 's "Louie" as a test batch in my 5L stovetop setup.
The stovetop setup is a pressure cooker that has a sous vide mode which is ideal for mashing, then boil in the 5L saucepan and chill overnight.
View attachment 103913

Hope Louie goes OK athumb..

Catching up on my brews before my holidays in Early October, been slacking a bit loads going on on the allotments so got up early 4.30 RO water pre heated mashed in at 5.00 in the shed at the bottom of the garden a little bit of a chill in the air.
A Best bitter this time 23 ltr SG 1042 two fermenters on the go at the moment hope to brew again Sunday / Monday, if the malt miller order arrives on time.

Today I brewed 21 litres of Calabria IPA ( it’s American IPA but got the recipe from a brew pub in Calabria).
4700g Pilsner malt
300g Carapils
12g ea of Amarillo & Simcoe at 60 minutes
12g ea of Amarillo & Simcoe at 15 minutes
28g Citra at 80C for 15 minutes
Yeast CML Five
I will dry hop with 25g ea of the 3 hops after 4 days in the primary and leave for 3 or 4 days.

Latest posts

Back