What are you scared of?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
heights for me
which is not good as next weel i have got to go and replace emergency lighting on a tall flour silo
and they will be live

I`m terrified of the dentist and needles :sick:

I broke a tooth a few weeks ago and have 3 dentist appointments to sort it, last week three injections and two fillings :( today a root canal filling and one injection :( Next week just having the veneer fitted so no needles ( i think :? )

Oh and it cost me 192quid!!

My fear stems from smashing two front teeth when I was about 9 or 10, lots of dentist vists and further dentist vists due to smashing out the crowns in my younger years ( goal posts, pavements, swimming pool bottoms, glass covered table football :whistle: etc etc)

I still shake in the chair :shock:

Apart from the obvious horrors of cancer, stroke, dementia and paralysing injuries....

Height! I cant stand heights. I cant even bear to watch other people close to edge of a precipice, even if I'm a good 3 or 4 m back if someone else is on the edge then I feel like grabbing onto something solid.

I took up rock-climbing to overcome my fear. I did overcome my fear but I was still stark raving terrified the whole time. I gave it up as it wasnt really much fun.

Cussword said:
MOT's, :shock: I drive a 20 year old Mitsubishi Pajero. You never know which way it's going to go... :sick:
Too true, my Seat Alhambra's only 12 years old but I would much rather visit the dentist than take any car for MOT.
Mine's due in the next couple of weeks, I hope it doesn't work out too expensive :pray:

My VAT return, no cash in the bank until I chase my customers for money on Monday.

Initially I'm scared of most things or should I say I have a fear of most things im supposed to be scared of, Things like heights or a creepy crawly climbing up my leg I had not noticed until I get a grip then rationalise what it is. I then suppress my fear and carry on like its normal so I suppose it is the initial shock that gets me.

As for scared of something or live in fear of errmmmm nothing really comes to mind I suppose ive not come across anything to live in fear of something yet.

Aleman said:
Heights don't scare me . . . . but I might reconsider after watching This Video :shock: . . . . Gulp
That's amazing, two people to carry out a simple job like changing an antenna, must work for the council...

BB

Jesting......... Made me dizzy. :sick:

I was going to write something funny before I watched that :nono: :nono: , but that has just scared the living cr*$ out of me, I am lost for words.

Especially if you are the bloke in the film "sex lives of the potato men"
Someone just had to go and mention the thing that haunts my nightmares - no not sex, potato men! Just try telling the authorities that the man living at the end of your street you doesn't go out much, always pays cash and keeps his curtains closed all day is in fact a potato man - they just don't listen. One day we will all be slaves of the potato men - don't say I didn't warn you.

Cheers, Simon

Aleman said:
Heights don't scare me . . . . but I might reconsider after watching This Video :shock: . . . . Gulp

I watched that the other day and had to look away a few times!

Im another with a fear of heights.
My fiancee wants me to do a tandem bungee jump with her and the thought terrifies me.
She said if i loved her id do it, I said if she loved me she wouldnt make me. Got away with that one. :pray:
Funny though, Id love to do a parachute jump and I enjoy absailing. :wha:

Snakes for me :eek:

although I got bitten by a spider a couple of weeks back and am now a tad nervy ... :hmm:

Back