What are you drinking tonight 2022?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Bit later than I wanted but been waiting for people to collect our old sofas and then moving ones from the garden room into the lounge whilst we wait for new carpets and sofas.

It was worth the wait though, a lovely schwarzbier from @dave_77

Slight roastiness, very crisp and super refreshing.

Attachments

• 20221118_201520.jpg
    20221118_201520.jpg
    19.8 KB
Haven't even had a slurp of this and I already know it's better than the pint of Worthington that i had before this. Staying at a premier Inn while visiting family in Northumberland. Wish I'd remembered to post pics of the session pale ale from the Delaval arms in Seaton Delaval I had earlier. We all felt it was a hazy version of neck oil (and very nice too).

IMG_20221118_214440.jpg

Oops, falling behind with dispatches.

IMG_20221118_185942.jpg

My second tin tonight, and second older one of these from the garage OOD stash.
BBE 15.04.2022, but pale hoppy and fresh as a pineapple (one of the aroma /taste hop characteristics.
IMG_20221118_195438.jpg

A Hefeweizen, but says ingredients are water, barley malt, hops, yeast.
So how come no wheat?
Tastes of cloves, banana etc, ie a weissbier.
That'll do for tonight.
See ya'll tomorrow.

Bit later than I wanted but been waiting for people to collect our old sofas and then moving ones from the garden room into the lounge whilst we wait for new carpets and sofas.

It was worth the wait though, a lovely schwarzbier from @dave_77

Slight roastiness, very crisp and super refreshing.
Cheers , glad you enjoyed it..think the keg will kick this weekend

So jealous, friends have a apartment in Tignes where they work in the winter, not had a chance to go since 2019
☹️ Likewise SWMBO'D friends' apartment in Les Contamines-Montjoie (a real populated Haut Savoie French village with more than adequate own ski area, just off the side of Mont Blanc between Chamonix and Megeve, but not piste/lift linked to either thankfully or it would be crawling with dirty-money-rich russian mafia).
Here's hoping for early next year! 🤞⛷️
Do we need to start a new winter sports topic thread?
@SMP Brewery
@Pennine
I haven't searched yet to see if there is one already.

IMG_20221119_212908.jpg

Your man in Thailand checking in. Been stuck up a mountain near Laos recently, but back in Chiang Rai now. Not much to report, only new thing I found was this. An odd blend of malt, fruit juice and water. Still 5% but if you ever see it, which I doubt, avoid it like the plague! Tomorrow will be different, a trip to an inland island with a craft brewery just north of Bangkok!

Verdant English IPA, perhaps my best yet with this yeast.
Challenger to bitter, EKG late boil, hopstand and dry hop with Worcester Goldings.
Slightly hazey, earthy honey sweetness with tropical fruit from yeast but bitter
finish - probably wont last till Christmas.

Just finished insulating and ply lining new garden studio so feeling pretty pleased with myself.

20221119_152317.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back