What are you drinking tonight 2021?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah mate, Bexleyheath lad! So just down the road. And this is my first order from them, been meaning to for a while tbh, had a couple beers through my local boozer though. No I didn’t, only been homebrewing since may last year
Ah ha. Im down in Medway near Strood. What did you think of the solo? I had a few cans from them last week (thanks to @dave_77 dropping off) and thought the Joe Solo was about the best.
HB club will hopefully get going again after restrictions end - you should get down there. Its usually quite an intimate but casual affair.
acheers.

Ah ha. Im down in Medway near Strood. What did you think of the solo? I had a few cans from them last week (thanks to @dave_77 dropping off) and thought the Joe Solo was about the best.
HB club will hopefully get going again after restrictions end - you should get down there. Its usually quite an intimate but casual affair.
acheers.
Really enjoying it, also picked up a couple crowlers of their candy soup and Kentish red. See how they go tomorrow. Ah sweet I assume Dave is another local? Yeah mate, definitely be up for that! I well and truly have the homebrew bug, I love it

Normality restored and such a difference! Summer Breeze.

2A15C945-8F32-412E-924B-FA52017772BB.jpeg

Sabro is a great hop, not tried motueka before.
sabro works really well in juicy neipa/hazy nice coconut, tropical flavour.

20210311_200607.jpg

First off, a tropical stout, quite young only 3 weeks in bottle but couldnt resist!

Black as the night, pours with a brown head which lasts, carbonation about right.

Nice aroma, malty and hoppy at the same time.

Really roasty initially, then the hops come through, think this will be better young, otherwise when the hops fade it will be very roasty. Surprisingly light bodied, refreshing for a dark beer, I love it.

Really enjoying it, also picked up a couple crowlers of their candy soup and Kentish red. See how they go tomorrow. Ah sweet I assume Dave is another local? Yeah mate, definitely be up for that! I well and truly have the homebrew bug, I love it
Yup, just down the road in Gravesend 🍺👍🏼

2nd up and erm..... it's a NEIPA....

Looks awful, muddy pond water, obviously oxidised...

Other than that.... well carbed, decent head. Nice hoppy piney aroma. Taste wise, ok, not as fruity as it should be style wise but I knew that with the hop additions.

Funny really, I did nothing different to the last 2 neipas I've brewed so am hoping it's just this bottle looks wise, tastes nice still, though not my favourite style.
20210311_205911.jpg

Sabro is a great hop, not tried motueka before.
sabro works really well in juicy neipa/hazy nice coconut, tropical flavour.
I don't get coconut of it at all.

That’s what I thought was weird! Like a Malibu sort of coconut in there! Not my cup of tea! Mind you I’m not a fan of coconut... won’t eat the dreaded Bounty 😂

It’s dry hopped to 28g/L so maybe at that level you get the coconut?

That’s what I thought was weird! Like a Malibu sort of coconut in there! Not my cup of tea! Mind you I’m not a fan of coconut... won’t eat the dreaded Bounty 😂

It’s dry hopped to 28g/L so maybe at that level you get the coconut?
Makes my wee 100g in 20 liters sound small :laugh8:

Had a Bishops Finger, nice and malty

Followed by my Hazy Jim, week in the bottle the hop burn has settled down into a lovely dry hopped pale ale, very happy with it for my 11th brew, tastes exactly how I wanted it, can't go wrong with mosaic and citra.

Just pitched a Leffe clone that I'll top off to 4L

Attachments

• 20210312_175238.jpg
    20210312_175238.jpg
    24.3 KB · Views: 44
Last edited:
View attachment 42185
This lot! Only joking! I'm having a clear out and found these in the depths of the brew shed...a Cali common from a few years ago...I knew they were infected,just thought I'd crack them open for a laugh...they smell ok. I don't think I'll taste...
Haha I’ve got a three old batch in the shed ive been meaning to open/dump. Can remember what’s in them but I havnt bottled for years

Having a few pints of my Geordie Winter warmer, brewed with 50% brewing sugar and 50% medium spray malt, very Hobgoblin like. Would definitely brew this again. Might try 1kg of sugar and dark malt next time with gervin yeast for some proper full throttle action.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back