What are you drinking tonight 2020.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
9.9% imperial stout, go hard or go home 😂
IMG_20201104_193954603.jpg

Good combination?
I'm happy with the flavour combination , nothing seems out of place. A little disappointed with the level of hop flavour. Smelt good but flavour not as big as I hoped. I like Simcoe but I don't seem to get as much as flavour coming through as other hops used in dry hop. It had 4g/per l of Simcoe and ,3g /per l each of the other hops + 3g/per l whirlpool of Idaho7. Gonna try agitating the the hops everyday after dry hoping next time see if that helps.

An old mate has moved locally so we took the opportunity for a pre lockdown drink. The pub - which usually brews its own - was understandably running down stocks which limited the choice...

A pint of 8% La Chouffe and another of local scrumpy should mean I sleep alright.

Finishing work today at 3 - watching the football later on and have these to choose from - never drank any of them before: Duvel, Westmalle Dubbel and Hoegaarden. Trying some supermarket new ones to decide what to order for Christmas. I also ordered a Tripel but that was out of stock.
Sorry to quote myself but I had all 3 tonight and loved them all. I'm converted now how the hell I've never tried beer like this before I'll never know goodness knows I've spent enough money on beer. I am now a Belgian fan. Maybe they'll have the Tripel in stock next week. Am ordering a nice Christmas selection of Belgian beer anyway.

Sorry to quote myself but I had all 3 tonight and loved them all. I'm converted now how the hell I've never tried beer like this before I'll never know goodness knows I've spent enough money on beer. I am now a Belgian fan. Maybe they'll have the Tripel in stock next week. Am ordering a nice Christmas selection of Belgian beer anyway.

The triple is great, so is the quad ;)

Also give the Citra Duvel version, it's really good too and you can usually find it at the bigger Tesco's for £2.

IMG_20201105_152822.jpg

I'm a creature of habit and tend to drink the same things all of the time. So when I seen an offer from brew republic decided to take it up. 12 beers delivered for £12 with free glass. Never tried any of them, so will have a go tonight

View attachment 35052

I'm a creature of habit and tend to drink the same things all of the time. So when I seen an offer from brew republic decided to take it up. 12 beers delivered for £12 with free glass. Never tried any of them, so will have a go tonight
Looks like you need to play 'beer roulette' LoL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back